Model Cars Magazine Forum

"CRANKENSTIEN"(a small tribute to the "doc") DONE! 11/13/12

bryan_m

Thanks Fred, and Ira....

im getting ready to chop the top now, i was diggin for some parts, and i decided to use the front suspension parts from an old revell 32 kit so i would have "steerable" wheels......i tossed them in the purple pond for stripping.

cheers

bryan

thanks Sam!

cheers

bryan

before i chop the top, i thought i would get all the frame parts together......

i stole the front suspension from an old revell 32 kit, and stripped off what they generously call "chrome"

photo-vi.jpg

now i will have poseable front wheels...

i chopped out the rear floor pan and fuel tank, after i make new crossmembers, ill chop out the front floor as well...

photo1-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

this one will be made as low as it can go without "Z`ing" the frame...

stay tuned

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

i think im gonna do one of those "angled chops" where the roof has a rake to it.......im not sure yet, ive never done it before, i might give it a shot.

cheers

bryan

Man Bryan, I was hoping to see that merc on the bench but then you went and pulled this out of your back pocket. I have been working on my "angled chop" on my 32 5 window. I did it in a way so that I didn't cut it in the middle but along the bottom, that way when I put it back it won't make my windows and roof look all distorted. I hope that make sense. It was my first time doing this as well but I did a lot of research and looked for tons of photos and it seems that when everyone glued there roof back like a normal chop it just didn't look right.

I dunno, your pretty skilled. I'm sure you'll figure it out better then I did but in case you need a reference cause you have no idea what I'm talking about heres my 32 build page.

Im excited to see what your gonna do to this one, maybe it will help me pull mine back out and get the working

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46113&hl=&fromsearch=1

ive been workin on the frame for a while now, and heres what i came up with for the rear section........i didnt wanna "Z" it, and i wasnt lookin for it to drag the ground........so i just made a new crossmember, and spring mounts.....and added a new spreader bar to the rear of the frame...

photo-vi.jpg

more to come

bryan