Model Cars Magazine Forum

RANCO Belly Dump Semi Trailer

Semi Trailer Mechanic

Here's a mid 2000 RANCO belly dump trailer I scratchbuilt. Originally built a few years ago I pulled it out of storage and cleaned it up. The trailer got sanded down w/ 1000grit. Next it was painted w/ Tamiya black. Additional scratchbuilt mods are glad hands,7-way recepticle,reworked modified rims,document holder,and a push bumper/stinger.

As always I thank ya for looking!!!

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

Edited by Semi Trailer Mechanic

Cool build! The only place I ever saw them being heavily used back when I was OTR was in Ca.

Neat trailer to add to a collection!cool.gif

Were you sleeping going through the plains states!?!? :lol::lol: I remember seeing them in OK especially, and even NE, KS, and TX, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott,

Very impressive and it looks good in Black. I built a tri-axle bottom dump about 5 years ago was loosly based on a Ranco model. The Ranco website was great because it had dimension drawings for the different model trailers. Also bottom dumps are great to scratch build. You just have to watch the angles of the hopper and the door mechanism.

Great Work

Dave