Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 gtx convertable pro touring style. updated exhaust ,radiator,motor installed 11/4

mopar01lee

Been a few since I posted a wip. So here's one I've been playing with..

It's a amt 69 gtx. Opened the trunk an doors.. using Pegasus 23 an 19 chrome T's ..

2012-08-16185732.jpg

2012-08-16185701.jpg

2012-08-16185633.jpg

Made a new k member...always wanted to do this one.

2012-08-16185551.jpg

Doing a 4 link an round sub frame connectors ..

2012-08-16185541.jpg

2012-08-16185524.jpg

It will have a hemi in it. Don't kw what I want to do as far as paint .. but I do kw this it wont be ur everyday color .. I'm thinking a pale green or a brown with a different shade for the interior ....

Thanks for lookin. Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

what is pro touring? i like what youve done though

Pro Touring is basically older cars with modern technology stuffed in. Usually its modern powerplants, modern suspension geometry, electronics, etc. Also its a style that is low on big wheels, big brakes, etc. All very functional. Awesome update, bro! I really like that four link set up. I may be using it as inspiration for mine.

I really like where you are headed with this . The suspension mounts and sub-frame connectors look great ! What about the front brace on the K-member ?

All hemi cars had them , but maybe you won't need it , your K-member looks pretty strong !

looking great so far!!!!!

Id really like to see a few more pics of the mustang in the background too, looks like a great project

Thanks Bro ... no pics on the stang its a secret project. Well its a build of my buddies roush with a 800 HP turboed 347 stroked 4.6.

Lots of modification

Got some paint .. I liked the inspirational pics of the yr one .. I went with transparent candy apple red. It needs to be wet sanded an another coat put on an then clear ....

2012-08-19184947.jpg

2012-08-19185015.jpg

Also lowered the front about 3 mm .

2012-08-19185000.jpg

I'm gonna go with a dark tan interior an a body color 6 point roll bar...

Thanks for lookin. Davin