Model Cars Magazine Forum

The famous Z06 oil tank and finished interiors *PICS*

ismaelg

Hello,

Here is my version of the Z06 oil tank. Sorry for the dark picture. I took dozens of pics but the light was not good. I'll take better pics later.

Note I also added the jump starting instructions sticker.

DSCF2704b.jpg

...and here are the finished interiors:

DSCF2699b.jpg

DSCF2697b.jpg

DSCF2696b.jpg

DSCF2695b.jpg

Interiors are still dusty from the flocking, so I need to wipe them clean before final assembly.

Now it's on to the body. I don't need a dehydrator. :wink:

It took me more than 2 weeks to get to this point so the paint should be dry enough for polishing.

Thanks,

Thanks Kyle,

For the interiors I used Humbrol flat dark grey mixed with a few drops of Testors black. The idea was to create a very dark gray but not quite black. I like the Model Masters Euro 1 Gray for this, but it was not available, so I mixed it. The side bolsters are Model Masters Neutral Gray. Since it is a very flat military color, I airbrushed a second coat very dilluted to get a little hint of gloss. Still flat, but not dead flat. The aluminum trim is good old Model Masters Aluminum.

Thanks,

say, where did those restraint belts come from? i need some for a project im working on and will post pics of here shortly. i was planning on using 5 point harnesses but it would actually look much better with stock restraints like what youve got there.

Lee,

This is not for a convertible. This is for a Z06 and unfortunately, the interiors will be barely visible.

Bill,

The belts on this model are made out of a special exotic material called Masking tape :)

I simply cut the tape to the desired width and paint it. You kind of "texture" it with the paint. I cut it so it fits the photoetch buckles. I do that on models where they will be hard to see like this one.

For a racing type harness, I did this red one below using solder wick. It is copper material used in electronics to absorb and remove solder. It is a bit more tricky to work with. Some may argue the pattern is too strong but I like how it looks. You can find it at Radio Shack or any other electronics oriented store.

waterfall.JPG

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ah so those were just basically some photo etch buckles you had lying around. i think i got some of those...i use masking tape for belts too but maybe i will try the solder wick.

i actually thought they were a specific belt set but your answer is very helpful, so thanks for that. i fail to remember hardly anyone builds straight from even an aftermarket set!