Model Cars Magazine Forum

Screamin Eagle GTO pro stock

Hi guys I seen this kit just sell on ebay for 169.00 and could not believe it . I thought I could maybe get it for 60.00-70.00 ,but that wasn't going to happen

2eC16FzoE9s5nc3VqBRz5zmVs60_57-vi.jpg

So I did some research and found out it is 1972 GTO with a hood scoop from the Grumpy's toy Camaro and a set of decals . So I decided I wanted to build it so I drew the decals and found a scoop in the junk box and went out and bought a new 1972 GTO kit ,here are the decals and a couple other old ones I want to build

ScreaminEagleGTOmaster-vi.jpg

68FeverBeemaster-vi.jpg

MrUnswitchablemaster-vi.jpg

enjoy the pics Chuck

That's about the only way to build a Screamin' Eagle , the prices are ridiculous ! Your decals look really good , any chance of you sharing ?

I'm also building Dick Jesse's Mr . Unswitchable , but with a stretched body and rectangular frame like the original car . The MPC kit was completely wrong . Already have those decals from Special Appearance decals .

that is also what I am building and I made these decals to fit the streched car and they are drawn in vector so there is no fuzz around them , the lines are crisp . I just have to finish the rear wheel wells by straighting them up and raising them to the right height

Chuck

DSCI1682-vi.jpg

The only other kit I can think of that has the same wheels as the MPC Screaming Eagle is the MPC, now AMT Vampire Van. One thing, the drilled out and removed the center caps for spinners or something .........

I'm also building Dick Jesse's Mr . Unswitchable , but with a stretched body and rectangular frame like the original car . The MPC kit was completely wrong .

Uh,,,,, we need a WIP with LOTS of pictures . I for one would d REALLY like to do this car

that is also what I am building and I made these decals to fit the streched car and they are drawn in vector so there is no fuzz around them , the lines are crisp . I just have to finish the rear wheel wells by straighting them up and raising them to the right height

Chuck

DSCI1682-vi.jpg

That looks really good Chuck !

I do have a couple of questions for you but I don't want to get off topic so I'll PM you .

Chuck,

Just checked the MPC/AMT reissue of the 72 GTO, some of the Pro Stock parts are in it, the race seats, some of the roll bar, there is also a christmas tree ....... and those henky headers, so if you are striving for a close to box stock build of the Eagle you are almost there

Edited by Alan