Model Cars Magazine Forum

'26 T See-Dan (Un-shiny)

realgone58

Just finished this one up last night. Built from an original issue Double T hot rod that I bought on the Bay, I used a Jimmy Flintstone resin 4 door sedan body, sprayed Krylon Satin Avacado green, Flathead from Revell '37 Ford pickup kit in metallic Citrus, vintage tires and parts box wheels, rad from Mono 40 Ford pickup and a couple of flipped up spots for headlights. Cut down headers from parts box, ran on inside of frame rails. Just a real-gone bomb. Yay,, no BMF or buffing to deal with!!

kits%252026%2520t%2520sedan%25201.JPGkits%252026%2520t%2520sedan%25202.JPGkits%252026%2520t%2520sedan%25203.JPG

This is sweet. Where'd you get the tires?

Slicks are the kit tires of which I masked with liquid mask and shot wide whites on, and the fronts are old painted wide whites, AMT tires like the ones found in the original '40 Ford, '49 Ford, etc. I've had these forever in my tires bin, and it always looked like they had been thrown out in the dirt and dug up years later! So I thought they'd be great for this build.

• 2 weeks later...