Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

What's up fellas.. this is one I started fooling around with today... I've always liked Charles Carpenter's 55 chevy so we'll se where this one goes... Just winging it for now... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

007_zps92e69b7c.jpg008_zpse6b71833.jpg009_zpsd82d5c49.jpg002_zpsc18f3bd3.jpghttp://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z146/pricet2006/1955 Chevy Pro Mod/001_zpsfcb3574d.jpg[/img

Edited by tyrone

This will be interesting, A Friend for the '57 Chevy ProMod. I'll be watching this one very closely, you do excellent job with the frame. It looks very good already. What body is that, it looks like resin from the underside, but.......?

Thanks Niko, and David... NIko, this is a resin body from flashpoint, it's a little warped in the back so I don't know how far I'm going with it.. I'ts not bad but we'll see.. Does anyone on here have any pics of Charles Carpetner's 55 ???..

thanks alot for the commments, fellas.. I appreciate it.. Wayne thanks a million for the pics... I like the paint scheme on the last three pics I think the most... well I got the rear section all finished up the cockpit is almost done I still need to finish up the funny car cage and add a few more bars...I'm liking the look with the big shoes on the back dont know if they will work but I'm gonna try.. thanks for looking and comments welcome...

021_zpscc05c859.jpg020_zpsdc20a317.jpg019_zpsaa31c096.jpg018_zps5d682518.jpg016_zps2c25cdd0.jpg

Edited by tyrone

nice job as usual Tyrone.

funny how us modelers buy that carpenter kit, steal the chassis for a different build, the motor for another, who knows where the body goes, spend hard earned cash on a resin body, evergreen rod just to build the kit we completely tore apart !! sometimes i think the wife is right.... we ARE crazy!! oh yea, when is the resin motor coming???

Thanks fellas.. I've made a little progress on this one... I got the front firewall finshed up, the funny car cage is done.. I've also made some upper strut mounts, and I used the lower ones from a pro sportsman chassis in the parts box... After grinding the rear quarters to try and get the big slicks from pegasus to fit.. I decided not to use them on this one and use the ones from the kit... here's a few pics... MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! ... thanks for looking and comments welcome.... 003-1_zpsd2792e65.jpg004-4_zps43783e35.jpg here's a pic with the pro sports body in the back ground...to show the difference... 005-4_zpsf83078d5.jpg006-4_zps28bfb009.jpg008-3_zps332e3e22.jpg

Looking good Tyrone, Hope you had a nice Holiday. Not sure if you know but Dirt modeler released some really nice looking photoetched beadlock rings.

thanks Joe... I did not know that.. I just looked at them and they are off da chain... will be placing an order for some of those for sure....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill, and Dave... Hope everyone had a great New Year... Since I'm giving the paint time to dry on the Chevy 2 I pulled this one back out... I've got the doors opened and hinged, and I've added some thin styrene strips to the doors and hood to make the gaps tighter.. thanks for looking and comments welcome... 002-2_zpsa0a98afe.jpg003-1_zps8ea61ec8.jpg004-4_zpsb4706716.jpg005-4_zps8e80b857.jpg007-3_zpsa7357f7a.jpg008-3_zpsec7dc358.jpg009-4_zpsacddde0c.jpg