Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Wilson`s: 23 T` Bucket new project 10/9/12

John Teresi

John, thanks for the steering wheel explanation. It looks great, by the way.

Ok... one last question. I don't mean to sound like a wise guy, I really want to know (and I'll bet a lot of members also want to know)... so why do you always redo all the plated parts with Alclad on your models?

Is it because you don't like kit chrome? Because you like the look of Alclad better? Because Alclad is sort of like your signature thing? All of the above?

I'm just wondering...

John, thanks for the steering wheel explanation. It looks great, by the way.

Ok... one last question. I don't mean to sound like a wise guy, I really want to know (and I'll bet a lot of members also want to know)... so why do you always redo all the plated parts with Alclad on your models?

Is it because you don't like kit chrome? Because you like the look of Alclad better? Because Alclad is sort of like your signature thing? All of the above?

I'm just wondering...

Harry......thank you for the question.........it may not be a good reason but, the reason why I strip the chrome and paint Alclad is because........when I cut the model pieces off the sprus........it always leaves a white mark where you cut ........and I like to get rid of flash and pin marks........so I strip and sand........then primer ,sand ,base coat ,clear and Alclad........It is something that I feel better about after it is finished........thanks.

John....what can I say bud!! You have talent and you know I love your work. You never miss the little details. this build is beautiful and you hit it out of the park. Man this is gorgeous. I sure can't wait to see it in person. All I can say is one of these days when I hit up a Southern Cali show. I wanna borrow your famous photo spot and get some great pics with my funny car there ;) . that is if you don't mind. Also as Harry has mentioned Your Alclad work is the best. I sure hope to get great results like you when I go do do mine on my funny car.

I would love to see his face when he sees your work John. He will love it. Or has he seen progress pics on here?

Dave......Kurt knows that I am building this .......but,he wants to be surprised ........I will give it to him at the NNL West next year.......that`s in about 3 months........but,I should be finished in about a week.........I will send him pictures of the finished build.......so that he can have a sneak peek. :)

John....what can I say bud!! You have talent and you know I love your work. You never miss the little details. this build is beautiful and you hit it out of the park. Man this is gorgeous. I sure can't wait to see it in person. All I can say is one of these days when I hit up a Southern Cali show. I wanna borrow your famous photo spot and get some great pics with my funny car there ;) . that is if you don't mind. Also as Harry has mentioned Your Alclad work is the best. I sure hope to get great results like you when I go do do mine on my funny car.

Chris.......anytime.......I sure would like to take pictures for you.........I can`t wait to see the "Snake" finished :)

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments.......I got the turn signal lamps on......I made amber bulbs for them........I attached the mirror........I made a throttle linkage arm and firewall/Radiator supports........also attached the top radiator hose........I got the pipes painted.......I will attach them tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF5427.jpg

DSCF5415.jpg

DSCF5418.jpg

DSCF5421.jpg

DSCF5424.jpg

Hello.........I attached the tailgate and made some hinges painted Alclad .........also made a dip stick and attached.......I modified the exhaust.......I added a collector,sidestep and brackets........exhaust painted Alclad and weathered with Tamiya clear blue,yellow,orange and red.........I also made some floor mats........this build is pretty much done,I just need to add s few more details.........thank you all so very much for following along and for the kind comments.......I will post finished pictures in the near future........thanks.

DSCF5457.jpg

DSCF5435.jpg

DSCF5476.jpg

DSCF5466.jpg

DSCF5444.jpg

Beautiful work, John. Love the heat staining on the headers. And that steering wheel with the rivets and woodgrain... beautiful. The model could pass as a real car in many of your photos. Another winner from you. No surprise, though.

I know that sometimes people point out when you miss the mark a bit as far as specific details or absolute accuracy, but nobody can deny your craftsmanship. You are a true artist. B)

Even if there are many Very talented builders on this forum, I'm huge fan of John's work. Harry said it perfectly. Excellent paint job and nice details in every build you do. That's excellent, just like Juha Airio's builds. Everyone knows that both (John & Juha) build fantastic model cars, but every time I see them, I'm really amazed.

I guess I should pick up my jaw from the floor again.

Edited by W-409