Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Impala Fuelly--Updated Nov 21, 2014...FINALLY finished!

DR JAY

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the comments...I knew that if I posted In-Progress pics I would HAVE to finish this one. The rest of the pictures can be seen Under Glass, but I thought I should post one last shot to prove that I wasn't shut out in 2014. There were some issues during the final assembly that I didn't see coming as this is the 1st 59 Chevy kit I've built--like the space between the windshield and dash. I also would have stripped the bumpers and cleaned up the ends before shooting them with Alclad, but I had used extra bright foil on the trim and it would have made the bumpers look dull in comparison. I did, however, fasten the bumpers for easy removal should the mold lines ever bug me to the point of correcting them in the future. I still wonder if I should get a set of Modelhaus bolt covers for the wheels, but my preference for the look of steel wheels always wins in the end. Besides, I build mostly vintage drag and stock cars and any strip would have forced the removal of the wheel covers in Tech...

post-9878-0-78211500-1416606453_thumb.jp

post-9878-0-65945300-1416606547_thumb.jp

Edited by DR JAY