Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 FORD VICTORIA CUSTOM AND DRAG VERSION: "Finished pictures posted"

John Teresi

Hello........this is on the work bench........ a pair of 1956 Ford Victoria`s..........I will build both the custom and drag version..........I am building these for 2 reasons...........this is the year I was born........... and 2 years ago at 24th GSL they gave away 1940 Ford Victoria`s to all the guest........so when I go to the GSL next year ..........I will show my appreciation and try and do a good job.......these will be built for the "Group 15" class........you may modify and use todays glue,paint,foil..........thanks for looking.

DSCF2307_zps70e0e79a.jpg

DSCF2305_zpsb63f50b4.jpg

DSCF2308_zps6b3d0fa7.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello..........I got the mods finished on both bodys ..........they are in the rough but,will look better whith putty and fine sanding.........all the chrome has been stripped and will be painted Alclad........thanks for looking.

DSCF2314_zps02c13cd6.jpg

DSCF2313_zps7005964c.jpg

DSCF2311_zpsec2ac44e.jpg

DSCF2320_zps631e9756.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

They both look great. Also curious about the box stock comment. I can see you've added plastic to the custom and mesh for the grill for the gasser so neither would be allowed in a box stock class. Still I like what you are doing and will be following.

Hi Bob........sorry I made a mistake on the class I was building for.........I thought it was "Out of the Box".........but,actually it is a class called "Group 15" for the 2015 GSL........you may modify and use pre. 1980 stuff.........nothing new from today except paint, glue foil.........I have changed my post..........thanks

Hi Bob........sorry I made a mistake on the class I was building for.........I thought it was "Out of the Box".........but,actually it is a class called "Group 15" for the 2015 GSL........you may modify and use pre. 1980 stuff.........nothing new from today except paint, glue foil.........I have changed my post..........thanks

Well...that's good news for those of us who plan on bringing an "Outta-da-Box" entry to Salt Lake! B)

I was ready to put the (outta-da-box) 1950 Olds I had just finished for sale on ebay...

Lookin' forward to watching you build these Fords :rolleyes:

I'll have to checkout the Group 15 Class...

I'm looking forward to going to Salt Lake next year, be my 1st time

Question on the Alclad trim. I'm having to redo a bumper because the "chrome" seems to rub off with any handling. Do use a clear top coat on yours?

David.......no,I don`t use any clear coat........I try to handle the Alclad parts with a soft cloth........never handle with bare hands.......if you need to touch up any Alclad parts.......I do so when the parts are already glued onto the build......... then I mask around the area with very weak adhesive tape .......then airbrush the area again.........thanks