Model Cars Magazine Forum

The club logo on the jacket came out nice, I'm going to wait on revealing that for later.

With the heavier head and the reshaped legs and arms, the body needs ballast to keep from falling forward on the bike.

I took a small steel bolt, cut the head off, then cut it in half, cleaned up the threads a bit and cut slots in the top to fit a small screwdriver.

One run all the way down and one about half way in.

P4170508.jpg

Edited by Psychographic

Like what you've done with Davey. The eyes have it! The bike is so much better than the little scoot that comes with the kit.

If that's not enough weight to counterbalance the "top end" you might try either lead or steel shot. I've used it before in my Ed Roth and Weird-Oh's it keeps the figure planted on it's feet like they are supposed to be. In stock form Davey takes a bit of weight to keep him in the saddle. You can get shot at any sporting goods store that has shotgun reloading supplies.

Drill a 1/4" hole. Squirt some white glue down the hole. Use either a small funnel or paper cone to pour the shot through the hole. Keep going until you have enough shot to keep the figure planted where you want it. Layer more white glue on top of the shot. Let dry. Once dry, you've got a weighted figure that the balast is going to stay put no matter what position the figure is in.