Model Cars Magazine Forum

aoshima announces brand new kit... Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce

CJ1971

I can tell you there will be 2 versions of the Murceilago. The stock version & the kitted 81 version. Both will have full engine detail & as with their Aventador, they will have a PE set sold separately. The stock version is due out first, around late October & will be followed by the 81 version. F1, as stated is due later in the year.

I can tell you there will be 2 versions of the Murceilago. The stock version & the kitted 81 version. Both will have full engine detail & as with their Aventador, they will have a PE set sold separately. The stock version is due out first, around late October & will be followed by the 81 version. F1, as stated is due later in the year.

So far from the photos Aoshima had shown it's going to have an engine more in line with a hybrid of the export version of the Aventador, a "tub" engine bay with just the top end pieces separate, and a separate engine "bottom" insert that fits into the chassis pan.

For those people who require an actual engine with all the requisite pieces, this will again be seen as an epic disappointment if the whining that occured over the 86/FR-S & BRZ engines not having an oil pan therefore rendering them useless and a waste to the hobby is any indication.

Edited by niteowl7710

If it is ture about the LB version, I will be getting that one as well, I know 81 did the resin transkit, and Thomas did a great job, I just can bring myself to pay the asking price, that is what's stopping me from buying the his R35 Ben Sopra kit, and I really want that one , maybe I will buy it for myself for Christmas

Tim, you wont find to many Japanese kits with "full" engine detail, I guess you could say what 95% of the engines are top only detail, which, for me, is better then nothing. I can see the point for some , as with all newer cars, about the only thing you can see is the oil pan, and then when you factor in supercars , that have one piece bodys, it sort of makes sense for them not doing "full" engines, but again, it does suck, I agree.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The stock SV is shipping out of Aoshima HQ as I write this.... Should be in LHSs very shortly... I'd say Hobby Search /HLJ will have them within 24-48hrs.

Cliffo

Coming soon

10261957b_zpsc914a3f8.jpg

Looking at April for the R-SV version... There will be 2 versions/liveries ;-) They're ( Aoshima ) actually releasing them internationally first. Japan won't have them until after June/July... :-)

It should be noted that Hobby Easy is selling the Japanese Version of this kit, $38

Yeah, waiting on that one before I ship from my PW..have 15 items in it incl. the Lambo Veneno that is coming close to 60 days..

I have I think 22 items,and well over $100 in shipping cost's, and two kits have like three days left, I hope the Lambo makes so it can hitch a ride over with the next out going shipment :lol:

Sweet!!! ??? Looking forward to getting mine!

This is the Japanese version right? Because Nao told me the Overseas/international version has the "big" SV decals included. Looks very nice, lots of parts & as good as their Aventador ?? I know the rims are the stock ones but I think I'll go with another style ?

Cheers & thanks Jonathan ??

Edited by CJ1971

Sweet!!! Looking forward to getting mine!

This is the Japanese version right? Because Nao told me the Overseas/international version has the "big" SV decals included. Looks very nice, lots of parts & as good as their Aventador I know the rims are the stock ones but I think I'll go with another style

Cheers & thanks Jonathan

Yes, the Japanese version is the orange box art I believe

Thanks for those pics Jonathan. Nice to see tyres with some side wall markings. Cant wait to receive my kit.

Aoshima & Tamiya ( mostly ) are 2 of the very few kit manufacturers who actually DO have ( pay for tyre licencing I presume ) sidewall detail ??. Fujimi can't even get their tyre sizing right for starters! ? & we all know how cheap Revell/AMT-Round 2 are.... ?

we all know how cheap Revell/AMT-Round 2 are....

Actually, when it comes to Round2, Cliff, it's quite the opposite.

product.jpg

Revell still has Firestone and M&H sidewall detail, so the licensing issue only seems to apply to Goodyear tires:

112FooseStockTire.jpg

Which manufacturer's name is on the Lambo's sidewalls? The name must be on the hidden area in Jon's pic, but I think they should be Pirelli P Zeros, correct? Is the only place you can view the engine with the bonnet closed through the three hexagonal-shaped holes?

I live how they molded the tiny amber marker light lenses(?) separately, too. :wub: