Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC '71 Dodge Demon re release

Revell did the Revellution F/C in both 1/25th and 1/16 scale

All of the "Demon" funny cars (1/1, 1/16, or 1/25 scale) used Duster bodies with Dodge grille and taillight details painted on! I don't think any of the companies doing funny car bodies in the early Seventies offered a true Demon body; all have the single bulge down the center of the hood, and the flatter Duster grille area.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad, it sounds like the Demon is for sure coming. I've now seen the guys taking pre-orders for kit. But, still nothing on Round 2's web site. And no true art work for the new kit with those already offering the kit on pre-order. Just pictures of the old '71 box. But I'm now conviced it's for sure going to happen! Still unclear from what everybody is posting on this kit. Is it back dated from the Dart Sport kit? Or is going to be based on the 1990's Duster? This may sound strange, but I hope it's back dated, so it's more like the original MPC kit.

No matter what form it's in, if it can be built as a stock '71 Demon, I'll be buying one. Round 2 keeps on finding more great ways to take my money!

Scott Aho

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya I e-mailed them about two months ago and got the same response. At least round2 answers their e-mail even if it is to say we have no such plans or something. I e-mailed revell a question about an old kit just to show that there is interest in it if they still had tooling. I still haven't heard a peep from them

Cancelled? NO!!!!!! You guys are mean for crushing my hopes by telling me things like this. I don't want to believe you. It's time for me to go back to my happy place. In that world, a Demon kit is just around the corner...... Darn! It's just not working. I guess I'll just have to unhappily accept reality.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Cancelled? NO!!!!!! You guys are mean for crushing my hopes by telling me things like this. I don't want to believe you. It's time for me to go back to my happy place. In that world, a Demon kit is just corner...... Darn! It's just not working. I guess I'll just have to unhappily accept reality.

Scott

The exact reason why I didn't go for the 'Pre-Sale' offerings on eBay ; not enough evidence of the kit's arrival , just speculation .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...