Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 top alcohol dragster

comp1839

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy...........

Enjoy ???.......................That's an under statement.......:D

Dave, truly remarkable work mate.......10 thumbs up from me....(feel like I have 10 thumbs most of the time. :P )

Now, small favour.........replicate ALL this in 1/12 per-leeeeeeease !!!!!!!!!!

:huh::lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's throwing in pics of a motor sitting in his garage and just telling us its 1/8th scale LOL! just kidding my man your doin a bang up job thx for sharing you and Stump have me all inspired like a kid whos found something new to do Keep up the great work! :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

always appreciate your input dave. i'm glad you like it.

i can't wait for the 'cuda either. it should be an awesome project. i think it's really gonna be a challenge. just lots and lots of stuff goin' on in one of those cars.

Hi there Dave..just me rattling your your cage again with a small update and a question.

As you know this Cuda body was headed for limbo until TDR picked it up. Giving credit where it's due, the master as I received it was exceptional other than a few nit picky things that hurt my face & a few undercutting issues pertaining to casting it in glass. Those gremlins caused me more than a few hours of head-scratching but have been resolved. So the time has come for me to get busy making the multi piece bolt together glass mold.

As said before my main concern is squaring away Dan's original investors in this project....it's a ways out yet as I won't cast ANY until the mold makes the Madd Fabricator smile.

However, after seeing the rad modifications you made to the resin Cuda prototype I'm wondering if it wouldn't make your mods a little easier if I don't prime or open up the wheel wells etc. on your body. Seems to me it would be easier for you to make your mods before the extra material ( necessary due to the glass lay up) was removed....yes, no?

• 2 weeks later...