Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 69 Javelin SST

Sport Suburban

I thought I would take the time and show off one of my builds that I finished up earlier this year. I have not been posting much of my stuff or even taking photos of what I have been up to.

Here is one of my big restoration projects. This took a few years to gather everything up and get the project going. This is a Johan 69 Javelin SST that I built starting with two broken up bodies that I will post up also. But first here is the finished build. Any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

69JavelinSSTa.jpg

69JavelinSSTc.jpg

69JavelinSSTe.jpg

69JavelinSSTg.jpg

69JavelinSSTi.jpg

Here is some of what I started with. These pictures are from the eBay auction.

69Javelinebay1.jpg

69Javelinebay6.jpg

69Javelinebay8.jpg

69Javelinebay7.jpg

I had to use parts of both of these bodies to build this car. The blue body is what I chose to start with. I needed to replace the cowl with a resin piece that I had cast. I also had to use the uncut rear wheel openings from the red/blue body. You can see that they were enlarged on the blue body.

Very nice restoration Raoul! I have a lot more respect for a model built in this manner because you basically start with useless junk parts and build something really nice with it. I'll take an old hard to find glue bomb over a new kit any day. Well done!