Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mags and dios

modelfritz

I'm more of a real life thinker, like Jairus, I want my dio's to look like the viewer was visitng the place and was actually seeing all the stuff for real. The challenge is to produce landscape that can visually transport you right there, like a good realistic painting would. I'm new at it too, Jairus, but the process in my head has been a long time coming and I've got a burn to do it now. My cars will probably have some fibre optic lights and stuff like that. I'm very happy to have found this dio forum. Cheers, Manfred. p.s. Oh yeah, the magazines I have are old german modelling mags, but very high quality detail stuff. The buildings and people, are only somewhat what I can use. I may end up casting my own people, but that gets really involved?* :roll: p.p.s. I appreciate your dios, Barbo!

Hi...modelfritz...you have spoken the mystery word...''Casting Figures'' I have always dream of making my own figures , but never started to do so. I am a "BODY CUTTER" from one figure to another, arms , heads , legs and much more . This is a great topic ...Is there any person in the house that knows how to do "Casting Figures"?????..........Barbo.

try soldering some metal in the shape of a human to create a skeleton just some rod or tubing, nothing fancy. Then use sculpy clay, the premium stuff, its only one dollar more, and its softer. carve away, might wanna pick up some clay tools while your at it, not needed, but they are easier to work with. Get the shape you want and minor details and bake it. Then do the last toiuch details like the eyes etc..

Hi guys!

What I plan to maybe do is to make the figures out of wax, do a negative cast out of plaster, two pieces,like a book opening. then wire the plaster cast with some copper wire following approximate center lines of body, arm, legs and anchoring the wire in the plaster a bit. then follow up with tope colour silicon and let dry. The result should leave a silicon figure with the ability to hold whatever shape the wire (ultimately the modeller) takes. Kind of like gumby. Remember Gumby?? Tope is approx. my skin colour, although to keep up with other skin colours, silicon will come in almost any colour.

Does this sound like it will work?? I'm all ears Cheers, Manfred

I need to experiment and show some step-by-step pics. :?