Model Cars Magazine Forum

#29 Reese's Cookies 2006 Phoenix Winner

Mach2

06 Revell Monte kit, Thad's great decals, flush skirts, RH exhaust, Mike70SS 09 Goodies sheet for the rear spoiler flange attach decal, lowered the stance and installed the two piece aluminum tube with plastic rod center fuel filler receptacle an a more accurate rearward angle. The very small Coca-Cola decals around the roof camera base came from an 01 #9 Dodge Intrepid kit decal sheet, well it took two sheets cause there's two of these decals per sheet. I post race detailed it per the couple late race ref pic's and added the helmet and waving checkered flag denoting the Phoenix Victory.

phoenixpicB.jpg

finisheda.jpg

ThadspicB.jpg

finishedb.jpg

finishedh.jpg

finishedi.jpg

finishedk.jpg

finishedj.jpg

Dave, I just started adding the self taught post race details. You're probably right about the worn tire effect on the passenger side, but if a car has a tire rub on the passenger side of the body then it got that rub from a cars driver side tire, right? That's why I do the tire rub effects but heavier on the passenger side tires. Oh, wait a minute. I just re-read your question and you're talking about the tire rub on the passenger side of the body, not the worn tire details ;):) I just detailed it as per these two pic's where the tire rub is visible, but like I said above.....if a car has a tire rub on the passenger side, it got it from the drivers side tire of the car that was outside of him;

phoenixpicB.jpg

ThadspicB.jpg

Nice job on this one, Mick! I have always liked this paint scheme but I don't know why it never came out in diecast. Decals and weathering are first rate! I think Dave was wondering about the tire marks on the side. Yes, the cars start out with fenders that extend out past the tires. But this "fender" is little more than thin sheet metal, and with the offset that is built into the front end, it doesn't take much to crush these fenders back and leave the big black rings on the sides of the cars. Hope this helps, Dave!

Edited by voljeepx