Model Cars Magazine Forum

Competition Resins' 1972 Demon :-O

I wanted the 1972 Demon which Missing Link Resins produced a couple of years ago , but I missed the boat ( :angry: ) . So , in the meantime , I performed a search for a "1/25 scale resin-cast 1972 demon" , where I found a *link* to Competition Resins and their 1972 Demon Pro Stock / Super Stock / MP transkit .

http://www.compresins.com/site/751597/product/CR-5019

Now I'm wondering if Competition is still in business ; and what their business practise is like ; and how their products are .

Any feedback is welcomed :) .

Edited by 1972coronet

I have purchased several resin bodies and parts from Comp Resins over the last ten years or so and my experiences have been excellent. The product quality is top of the line and turnaround time is very short. The last body I bought earlier this year, came in about a week. I have always dealt directly with C.Resins by telephone rather than through a third party. Highly recommended!

Thanks , Burnout and caine440 !

I was concerned that they were out-of-business , as their website stated a "2011 Catalog" , which lead me to believe that they closed shop .

Thanks for the reassurance , guys :) . I'll have to give Comp Res' '72 Demon kit a try ! In the meantime , I hope that Missing Link will re-release their '72 Demon ; I sent them a message regarding this .

I have seen that sweet looking Bandit Resins 1971 Demon transkit , and have been tempted to buy it ; however , without that exclusive 1972 grille , it's pointless (relatively speaking) .

I must admit that the thought of building a '71 with a 340 Six Pack and GY3 Citron Yella paint is quite enticing !

Thanks again for your replies :)

• 2 months later...

I think all I got was $40 for the 1:1 car from u pull it when my mother kicked me out of her house and wanted all my cars out too, 73 charger U code 440, 72 duster 318, sunroof car, and my grandfathers 71 dodge demon slant six basic as they ever came. If I remember right they gave me $40 per car and I had the titles to all of them! a check for $120.00 , i guess it was alot of money back in 1991 but i can kick myself in the ass now!

heres a pic of the charger that went to u pull it, Im going to see if my mother still has pics of the other cars

5type9.jpg

Edited by dakotart2000