Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #129 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Mike, SHHhhhhhhh. If ya wake 'im up TOOOO quickly, he'll say somethin like"I'M UP MA!!!!" So do it gently!

But we ARE waitin on tha ol boy, so, ..... Together now," Harrrrrrry, Wake up little rosebud, WAAAAKE UUUUp"( Props go out to Popeye for that one!!) Yo Harry, we's waitin on ya! Woof!!!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

Guest promodmerc

George: Harry get your fanny out of bed!

Harry: I can't go to school today.

George: Why can't you go to school today?

Harry: I uhh have an ear ache

George: Ear ache my eye!

George: Harry get your fanny out of bed!

Harry: I can't go to school today.

George: Why can't you go to school today?

Harry: I uhh have an ear ache

George: Ear ache my eye!

Welp Harry, only one missin from the pack is da Wolfie!!! I'd get withit if I wuz YOU! Ya DON'T wan a pack a HUNGRY JONES'in Doggies yappin at yer door! Lets get a move on here Harry!!! WOOF!!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

OK, the giveaway for me immediately was the roof! :( I don't see many Johans built these days (they have no vinyl roof detail), and the Monogram ones I do see built don't have the correct C pillar shape to me (too narrow).

One COULD take the Johan and put a convincing vinyl roof covering on it, but there were some other details that gave it away-------the clarity of the glass, quarter window chrome strip, etc. ;)

Guest promodmerc

OK, the giveaway for me immediately was the roof! :( I don't see many Johans built these days (they have no vinyl roof detail), and the Monogram ones I do see built don't have the correct C pillar shape to me (too narrow).

One COULD take the Johan and put a convincing vinyl roof covering on it, but there were some other details that gave it away-------the clarity of the glass, quarter window chrome strip, etc. ;)

The bolt hole for the wing adjustment and wheel trim rings is what gave it away for me.

I'mmmmmmmm back!! Yup! Bolt holes and the roof did it for me. My cousin had one years ago, like to race it but the bolts had to tighten on the wing sometimes. Good one Harry.

I was afraid you guys would see those bolts on the wing! If I was guessing, that would have been the tipoff for me... nobody ever puts that detail on the model... but I figured some of you might think it was a big bucks diecast.

:):D I knew this one was real!!!!

The giveaway to me was the bolt holes in the wing supports as was mentioned before.They were allen screws,used to adjust the angle of the wing.

The biggest detail that gave it away to me is a small plate on each side at the lower corner of the rear window.I have never seen this on any model.There are two of them,one on each side, running from the window toward the wing supports.BTW-in the Plymouth Division, it was called a "horizontal stabilizer".I don't know about the Dodge Division.

A great book to look for if you like these cars is "Supercars-the story of the Dodge Charger Daytona and Plymouth Superbird, by Frank Moriarty.Published by Howell Press.

As I stated earlier,I was an original owner of an Orange Bird with a 440-6Barrel.

The Six-Pack name was the same thing in Dodge.

Thanks for reading,

George