Model Cars Magazine Forum

SMP 1911 Chevrolet

Assuming Jimmy has the molds, I propose this....

On an appointed day, at an appointed time, everyone on the count of 'three' send an e-mail to Mr. Couillard requesting he make this kit available once agian?

If everyone who's read this thread did that, it wouldn't guarantee he'd reissue it, but at the very least it might get him thinking about it.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys!

I know where one of the Mike Watgen castings are, and I'm going to be the lucky owner of it soon enough. Just need to meet my friend, whom got it from Mike him self, as gift, back in the early '90s.

Since my health are not of the best, I have barly been joying our hobby the last years, but now it looks as I'm on the right path.

I belive it is the Van I will get, but I must confest that I've not seen the casting since '95, when I visited my then, new friend, the first time. I had seen one of Mikes build ups of the Delivery as a Rod, on top of a Hauler, in a magazine. I've never got it out of my mind afther that.

My plans is to cast it, but I think I also will ask another company to cast it, as mailing, and materials for casting it, are expencive here in Norway. I will try to cover local market my self.

Hopefully I will have it in July, then I hope I might get to start casting inside a year. I'm new to casting, but hopefully I will learn from fellow modellers fast enough. Or buy trying, and fauling.

I also know that Fred Sterns told no to a collection of the original SMP/AMT Tourings not long ago. The seller had a dusin or more, but there was no boxes. Sellers asked 150$ each, and Fred could not see how he could make any money from that. Maybe Fred have the sellers name? Maybe email Fred and ask?

Guy's I can GAYROTEE that this kit will knock yer socks off! AND it WON'T be made of "Unobtainium", meaning ALL of us poorer modelers will be able to finally FIND and afford one!!! Ya GOTTA love the stuff commin outta the "Batcave"!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol::D;)

You have a stock one Kevin, and I get a Rodded one, then we have both too enjoy in the future. B)

I really look forward to You get it copied, I wish at least two.

I just was on the phone talking too my Swedish friend, as I'm going to Sweden late June.

It's amazing how small the world is today, as in just weeks we have tracked down two seriuosly rare modelcars.

Now my next grail might be the rarest ever done, the Verneuil Matra Djet.

Edited by Bugace