Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Chevy Gasser...DONE 8-20-12

zaina

I don't have that kit. Is this the engine in the kit? If so I'm gonna have to get one just for that front timing cover. It's just what I need for my King Kong Anglia gasser as I'm not all that happy with the one I made...

Hmmmm , seem to remember an offer of one for that build , Senior Senility ! Lmao !

That timing cover in the kit is not even close to a 1to1 and is totally the wrong shape and way oversized, it would need some reshaping to being close to accurate but could be done. There are much better Chev timing covers in various kits ... Do a little research and you will see ......

Alan :)

Edited by Alan

Dang Donn you're right..I don't remember...I even went back to my build thread on mine and don't see anything like that.

Not sure where you posted it up , we did discuss it back then when you were first starting your build . Hence the reason for picking on you ....... As usual ! Lol !

Like where this build is headed , always loved this kit ! I know it's period correct , but I was never a fan of the white walled tires , personal taste and all that ! Great kit , start , and work thus far , keep it rollin' !

That timing cover in the kit is not even close to a 1to1 and is totally the wrong shape and way oversized, it would need some reshaping to being close to accurate but could be done. There are much better Chev timing covers in various kits ... Do a little research and you will see ......

Alan :)

Well Alan...it's a lot better than the piece of ###### I scratchbuilt! :lol:

Change your mind about it Brad ? This is the foundation of a GREAT kit ...... Try the original box art build, a fellow up here in BC is one of those killer factory stock builders and he did the original red and silver box art build and it was such an eye grabber ! Also check out Ed Flucks builds of the 37 VERY nice builds ... he also offers a chopped body in resin, IF he has anf left ....

Alan

Terry, take this kit cover, reshape it to the correct shape which in turn will reduce its overall size cause it is way too big, and add some bolt detail to the water port block off plates and it would be a nice rendition ... You have the skills man, I have seen what you can do with wood !!!! you copy that ? LOL

Alan

got her painted this weekend...kind of building this one like the box art. the blower hat in this kit leave little to be desired so i used injectors and a mailbox from my parts stash. not sure about the mailbox being painted yellow, what do ya think. also trying different tire combo's...would also love some imput on that. i also have some pie crust slicks with no white walls.

005-17.jpg004-20.jpg003-16.jpg