Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mr Norms Supercharger

brett

Polar Lights 69 charger Fc as in the Mr Norms Supercharger. Original issue kit, Put the frame together in a motel room when I was attending a hobby show early July (actually built 2, Gene Snows Rambunctious as well) along with the basic long blocks Painted the frames and bodies a few days after I got home. Hadnt /didnt do much for the next few weeks as my health took a turn for the worse. But decided I wasnt going to beat it if I didnt stop sitting there feeling sorry for my self. so started building again. Anyways I remember reading somewhere that the Mr Norms car was more of a metallicy gel coat type color rather than a true metallic or candy red so I used Duplicolor metal specks red over a gold base, but even if I'm wrong I still think it came out a great color and finish. Only had one real decal issue (yay for me) which was the hood stripe ripping a little(got another one coming). Anyhow here's some pics

DSCF2682_zps410c7a01.jpg

DSCF2729_zps9347c823.jpg

mr norms at the front

DSCF2696_zpsc40d6c61.jpg

DSCF2699_zpsc2f42c09.jpg

after my usual 10 minute polishingDSCF2700_zps202fc5d4.jpg

DSCF2718_zps1e22cd2a.jpg

This is wild Brett! I JUST Finished the same Mr Norm car this morning myself. Looks dang near the same, I went with a Testors enamel metal flake Red, I used the Tamyia Gold base, seems like it hit the color just right, ill post a few later, also doing the Taco Time vega too, its the Jungle jim kit with some mods,

Nice job as always, Brett! That turned out really nice, especially I like the overall look: Very clean, no flaws or anything and parts fit perfectly together etc. Paint job and decals look very good, too. Overall a very nice build.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, appreciate it :)

Dennis I'm sure they varied from car to car but all the Polar lights chassis are identical, the only difference is that the rear of the Mustang variants have to have about a qtr inch cut off the rear. That said, they are a very nice rendition of a Logghe chassis.