Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda - Lime Light - Finished Pics

RandyB.

Good luck with it David. Are you going to post your progress here on the boards?

I will report the progress. May I ask why you needed a bracket for your alternator? I just got done soaking my alternator and carbs in Easy Off to remove the chrome and was planning on installing tonight or tomorrow evening.

I will report the progress. May I ask why you needed a bracket for your alternator? I just got done soaking my alternator and carbs in Easy Off to remove the chrome and was planning on installing tonight or tomorrow evening.

Thanks guys! The kit does not include a bracket for the alternator. Doesn't look right sitting up in the air with nothing holding it there except a fan belt! :o

Randy and everyone who has the model. I finished priming my body last night and I noticed on the body above the left rear wheel opening that it is distorted. I opened another Cuda I bought and it has the same thing. Has anyone else noticed this? I am at work now so I cannot take pictures. I probably am more sensitive to it because I plan on replicating a side molding instead of stripes down the side.

Randy and everyone who has the model. I finished priming my body last night and I noticed on the body above the left rear wheel opening that it is distorted. I opened another Cuda I bought and it has the same thing. Has anyone else noticed this? I am at work now so I cannot take pictures. I probably am more sensitive to it because I plan on replicating a side molding instead of stripes down the side.

I can see what you mean David. The crease immediately above the wheel well on the left side rear deviates away from a straight line.

I didn't even notice this until you mentioned it.

Pictures1346_zps3eb8683b.jpg

I have decided to go with the colour-keyed elastomeric bumpers for the clean aggressive look rather than the chrome bumpers. I need to wait for some decent weather before I can get them painted Lime Light.

Pictures1347_zpsb2af9e36.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Randy I think originally the Lime Light cars if they had a painted front bumper the rear would still be chrome. I think either way looks good.

David..I have found information that body coloured elastomeric back bumpers were available in all nine colours effective Jan 5 1970 which includes Lime Light. Check out the link below.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=16748.5;wap2