Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 Grumpy Jenkins' 66 Nova

No rearview, but it will have decals for the all-white car. Body will not be de-SSed, and I'm waiting to hear if there might possibly be a no-SS badge grille tooled up, but since they didn't do a rearview, I doubt it. Still doesn't bother me, I can live with it either way.

I have 2 of the original stock issues and 3 of the pro street versions . Plus I just picked up a set of aftermkt decals to do this very car.

So about the only thing I would buy any more of them for would be the neat box art and / OR a non SS grille.

I can't think of any other popular drag version back then , although I'm sure there were some.

I'm hoping it's not. Real car wasn't.

Pro Street kit is quite a bit different, but I think there are some shared parts. Both had the display SBC, right? Been a long time since I saw one of the originals.

I hope Pro Stocks, Super Stocks, and Junior Stocks are going to be hot subjects for a while...

I hope so, it'd be nice to see a '56 Sedan Delivery, ala John Diana, from Revell, wouldn't take a lot to do it either,

I'm hoping it's not. Real car wasn't.

Pro Street kit is quite a bit different, but I think there are some shared parts. Both had the display SBC, right? Been a long time since I saw one of the originals.

I hope Pro Stocks, Super Stocks, and Junior Stocks are going to be hot subjects for a while...

I'd like to see a lot of Junior Stock kits. I think I read more about them than any other cars in Hot Rod back in the late '60's/early '70's.

I guess I can remove those decals off of my 'to buy' list. Any idea when this baby will be released?

Nothing firm yet. Summer or early fall would be my guess.

Just curious,is it going to have decals to do both the red and the white versions on Grumpy's car ?

Yep, it'll have both versions, Grumpy's Toy I (red and white) and Grumpy's Toy II (all-white).

• 4 weeks later...

I like the phantom retro box art...

I'm digging the so-called "Faux-Retro" box art

Sound like this one'll be packaged in the "flat" Original Art series box with the art print included, just like the '76 Gremlin and Opel GT:

Retro-Deluxe 1966 AMT packaging style with all-new painting of Jenkins' Nova

Sound like this one'll be packaged in the "flat" Original Art series box with the art print included, just like the '76 Gremlin and Opel GT:

Retro-Deluxe 1966 AMT packaging style with all-new painting of Jenkins' Nova

It'll be in the normal square box, no art print in this one.

Well if i have to actually sand off the emblems on the body i doubt i will get this kit that is too much like work for me .

And no rearview mirror ,what are they thinking this is just crazy i will never buy another chevy II from Round 2 ever again

(This is nothing but PURE SARCASM and really a joke ) but i will have at least one then i can cast the new bits and use the other decals for one of the 6 i have stashed

Michael

Well if i have to actually sand off the emblems on the body i doubt i will get this kit that is too much like work for me .

And no rearview mirror ,what are they thinking this is just crazy i will never buy another chevy II from Round 2 ever again

(This is nothing but PURE SARCASM and really a joke ) but i will have at least one then i can cast the new bits and use the other decals for one of the 6 i have stashed

Michael

Michael, this is supposed to be a Drag car, you don't need/want a rear view mirror someone might be gaining on you, & in drag racing, it's totally impossible to block & get away with it! roflmsao!

...Great News...I've been planning to build this for a while. Now, all I have to do is find a Fuel Injected Corvette kit with an accurate looking engine (or at least an accurate fuel injection setup) to drop in the Deuce and I can await its release...

Michael, this is supposed to be a Drag car, you don't need/want a rear view mirror someone might be gaining on you, & in drag racing, it's totally impossible to block & get away with it! roflmsao!

Well if I remember correctly the mirror was engraved right to the front windshield . Haven't looked lately .

But i really liked your reply

MIchael

Yeah. Mirror was originally engraved to the windshield, then they cleaned that up right quick but never supplied a separate piece. Figgered it might be a nice thing to fix for this reissue in the same spirit they finally provided for vent windows in the '62 Pontiac - but if it's a choice between a mirror or steelies and a bench, I'll gladly snap up the latter, thanks.

B)

• 3 months later...

A strange request I know but If anyone has this kit, would you please be so kind as to post a pic of the bench seats. I'm doing some research for a future project that may require me to by 3 of these kits and it all hangs on what the bench seat looks like.

Thanks

ShawnS