Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Dodge Charger R/T AMT model

mopar_guy1

Here is a few shots af my 1971 Dodge Charger R/T. The AMT kit offers great details. Strangely, for a kit of that quality, the windshield washer fluid reservoir was omitted by AMT, so i had to fabricate that part from scratch. The same goes for the A/C freon reservoir & lines. But besides that it a great kit to work from.

Even if the "go mango" body color was not available in 1971, i still used that color for my model. Was reluctant because i usually have the "factory specs" approach, but i liked the color so much that i said: "What the heck" loll

ftgemb.jpg

166ymah.jpg

51o48n.jpg

2ppy141.jpg

wirr4w.jpg

2vss2ky.jpg

Super nice R/T !

I wasn't aware that EK2 Go Mango / Vitamin C wasn't available for 1971 (?!)

I know that EV2 Hemi Orange / Tor-Red was available from 1969-1972 , but I never noticed that Go mango was dropped after 1970 .

Oh , well , it's of little consequence , especially when it comes to your excellent Charger !

Super nice R/T !

I wasn't aware that EK2 Go Mango / Vitamin C wasn't available for 1971 (?!)

I know that EV2 Hemi Orange / Tor-Red was available from 1969-1972 , but I never noticed that Go mango was dropped after 1970 .

Oh , well , it's of little consequence , especially when it comes to your excellent Charger !

Thanks. :)

Yup Go Mango was dropped after 1970. I was aware of that fact, but i like this color. I decided to go ehead anyway...:)

Thanks again for your comment, it's appreciated.

That turned out really nice. Great details. May I suggest just a couple more that people usually miss? First, there is a chrome piece of metal the goes at the bottom of the windshield and goes under the wipers. Next, I have a picture in case you need to see what I am talking about, but there are thin "gills" on the tail lights on the big side that comes out at an angle. You can see them on the kit piece if you look real close. They usually have black around edge and the red lens shows through. Just a couple little things I thought would be easy to add, even where it is now, but only if you want to.

Mike

Beautiful!! As for the color, knowing Mopar, some of the '71's may have slipped through in Go Mango. Also, could have been special ordered as a code "999", which I would not be surprised if a few were, considering the popularity of Go Mango. So, you still may be correct in a way.

That turned out really nice. Great details. May I suggest just a couple more that people usually miss? First, there is a chrome piece of metal the goes at the bottom of the windshield and goes under the wipers. Next, I have a picture in case you need to see what I am talking about, but there are thin "gills" on the tail lights on the big side that comes out at an angle. You can see them on the kit piece if you look real close. They usually have black around edge and the red lens shows through. Just a couple little things I thought would be easy to add, even where it is now, but only if you want to.

Mike

Thanks for your sugegestions Mike. I will certainely pay a close eye to that. I'm always looking foward to improve my build.

Edited by mopar_guy1

Beautiful!! As for the color, knowing Mopar, some of the '71's may have slipped through in Go Mango. Also, could have been special ordered as a code "999", which I would not be surprised if a few were, considering the popularity of Go Mango. So, you still may be correct in a way.

GREAT :):) Certainely glad to know that.....lol