Model Cars Magazine Forum

Box Top Blunders, Omissions, False Advertisements...

That would be silly w/ a model car, wouldn't it?

Why would it? Deceptive advertising is a big deal in today's market, once the DA sends the complaint on to the manufacturer they can respond, correct the problem or it moves to the next level.

In cases like this it involves product crossing state lines and has more weight.

Until you take the manufacturer to task they will keep repeating their mistakes, I don't believe fraud is involved just some poor marketing/production mistakes. The current Revell '50 Olds produced without the wide whitewalls advertised on the box is a prime example, sure Revell will send you the tires they should have provided IF you know about that program. The point is they should have had to pull the product and have an advertising campaign to inform the injured parties.

The laws are there to protect consumers from abuse, use them or lose those rights.

Yeah, the Fall Guy wheels are from I think a 1:16 scale kit or some such. The rims and tires exchange perfectly with those from the MPC Dodge kits. I think in 1:25 scale they end up being around 20" rims or so...

• 2 weeks later...

Not on the box top, but I just got the Revell '69 Camaro Z/28 RS kit (yeah... I actually bought a Camaro kit...), and the car in the photo on the instruction sheet is lowered and has large diameter billet wheels and low profile tires, but the kit is stock-only.

Because it was some poor kid's Christmas present! Probably from a well meaning aunt or the school dollar gift exchange!

I have a Revell SS United States kit with a Christmas sticker on it.

I went back and looked at it... yeah, that must be it. At first I thought the snowman was printed on the box!

how about this international 9900 with a modern hauler trailer.Inside the box a kenworth t600 and an old style moving van type trailer.

I was told about it.Glad I never saw it on a shelf ,I would of bought it for the subject matter for sure,even if it s a small scale snap kit

582108_4028007985069_964120856_n_zps993a

Edited by mistermodel

Well at least it doesn't look like '64 GTO to me, even if the box says so. :lol:

There's a TV commercial for a company called "We Buy Any Car" which says they'll buy anything from a '63 VW... and they flash a picture of a 1970s VW convertible.. and they're ads are soooo annoying!

Gather 'round eagle-eyed modelers, tell me what is wrong with the contents description on this box:

WeirdPickup.jpg

Was that an error or was the '63 Truck lineup ALL issued in one style box? A lot of the early 60s kits had the same or similar box but with different stickers or end panels. I have seen the same box but with the Ford truck inside.

That was THE Box for Both the F100 & Chevy!!!!

No Error on that one.

The F-100 & Apachei shared box art from 60 to that 63!

Then only the Chevy was produced as a kit til the re-issue of th e63 F-100 in 68 as the "Hunter's Special"

replacing the gocart withthe "Clyde's Custom Camper" fiberglass topper

AMT started Separate box art for all kits in 64.

The Boat, 32 & 40 Fords got separate box art from the start. 1960, but annuals

remained in generic boxes til 64. though they were different for Hardtops, convertibles, and from '60, Compacts

Styline & Advanced Custom boxes were also still generic. Most of these were the Annual box in 61& 63