Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt california hauler

Absolutely fantastic!

Great news, heard about this, but tought this would be a rebox of the later modified: "uptated" AMT 359 "1100" in it's T501 "California Hauler" :Brown & white boxart, we all know since 1977.

Tought the 1969 first T500-500 & later 1970 sleeper version molds had been heavily modified later in the 70's to update it to a 1100 359.

Pretty sure the clear green glass of 1969 will be in, a great milstone/historical truck kit back after so many decades ...

Again GREAT job Round2! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope the reissue has a choice of clear or tinted green windows, I'd like to do one with the green windows just for nostalgia sake.

Considering that Round2 did that with the Hippie Hemi dragster, Double Dragster, and maybe another kit, I would say it's very likely. I'd suggest you e-mail Round2 and let them know that's what you'd like to see.

Looking at this kit, the ertl transtsr 4070a and other truck kits from the early 70s and comparing them to later kits, it seems these kits are really better than the stuff from the late 70s early 80s. Don't get me wrong, I love the amt mack kits (r series and cruiseliner for eg),but the earlier kits seem better executed. The moebius lonestar and prostar are probably the modern example of how a kit should be done.

Ben

There were three versions of this kit. The first version features the light blue/grayish colored plastic, green glass and a mail in form for the sleeper kit. The second version has white plastic with clear glass and the mail in form for the sleeper kit and the third version has white plastic, clear glass and a sticker on the box that said "sleeper included!" and had the seperate sleeper kit in the box. All the sleeper kits were molded in white plastic only.

My kit is molded in the blue-gray plastic but as I said, my windows are clear with no tint....well it doesn't matter as I prefer clear over the green tint.

There were three versions of this kit. The first version features the light blue/grayish colored plastic, green glass and a mail in form for the sleeper kit. The second version has white plastic with clear glass and the mail in form for the sleeper kit and the third version has white plastic, clear glass and a sticker on the box that said "sleeper included!" and had the seperate sleeper kit in the box. All the sleeper kits were molded in white plastic only.

I have a started kit that's molded in white but has the green-tinted glass. No sleeper in my box.

I just noticed that the external sunvisor is on the sleeper sprue and i looked at the layout of the kit else where in this thread and see there's not going to be an external sunviser .

Might be an opportunity for casting the sleeper and visor for some one. Cheers

Ben

That is good news. I might have to get 1 or two of those California Haulers. They will build into a very cool old school Peterbilt! I'm looking forward to its release! All that is needed now is for Round 2 to release the Kenworth W925 Conventional.

The W925 wont happen unless they modify the molds back... they modified them into the t660/800 kit.

That is good news. I might have to get 1 or two of those California Haulers. They will build into a very cool old school Peterbilt! I'm looking forward to its release! All that is needed now is for Round 2 to release the Kenworth W925 Conventional.

I too Anthony would love to see the W-925 come back. All we can do is hope they work the molds and do them again.