Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boulevard Creeper-51 Fleetline

Modlbldr

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think a build of the actual car would be great. Go for it.

I got a bit more done today. I filled and sanded the gap in the rear bumper. Got to do some searching tonight for an overrider. Not sure what kit I may find one in.

I also filled or boxed in the front frame rails and started scratching some upper A arms. No pics of any work today.

Stay tuned for an update probably Wednesday.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Been working on the front suspension over the last couple of days. I used the suspension part from the Super Stallion Mustang before I realized that it had no upper suspension detail. I made some upper A arms and an air bag set up just to give a bit more detail since this thing has a flip front end.

Here it is before paint and final assembly.

20140830_172901_2.jpg

20140830_172826.jpg

Not much to show for the amount of work involved. How depressing.

Later-

I can apreciate the job youre doing here. I know by my onw experience (and I think every one here) that some times you do a big amount of job and use a lot of time, but at the end, you'll can be proud of the finished product. Really nice job here!

Thanks guys for the comments. Yeah, the upper a arms took the better part of 4 hours just in building and test fitting. But I like how they look. Going to need some bit of detail since the whole front end tilts (or will when I'm finished) forward. I also managed to pick up a can of Krylon Catalina Mist Satin paint for the main body color. That is the same color that one of the other builders on this sight used on his "Voodoo Psychosis" build. I think it will be a great match for the 1:1 primary paint color. I'll try the scallops in a dark metallic green.

Later-

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still feverishly working on this every chance I get. I primed the front body the other day after spending a good 4 hours doing filling and sanding. As the pic shows I am still not much closer to paint.

20140919_090611.jpg

As I was looking at it, I noticed that the fender area ahead of the driver's wheel sloped towards the rear. So this morning I took a small pie shaped slice out of it and glued it straight.

20140919_090942.jpg

Great. More bodywork. That body character line is giving me fits to get it smooth, but it's getting there.

I also began painting the frame and chassis and rear axle. It will be a dark Emerald green and the body will be Catalina Mist Satin with Emerald scallops.

20140919_090730_1.jpg

I know...I know... Lovely photos. But I had to show you that I am moving forward.

I have also been working a bit on the interior. I have no idea what the interior of the Voodoo Creeper is so I am using my artistic license in this area. I have made room for an AMT 55 Chevy dash and the rest will be minor modified or stock 51 Fleetline pieces.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr