Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1/16th Kenworth Coming......

Mr mopar

Sorry I posted before I took a good look at the pic. Looks like the late 70's, early/mid 80's style based on the pic. Sorry I've just been wanting a new style w900 for a while.

Hey snoop there was a resin cast of the w900L sometime ago by P&P resin works.hope this helps you.

I have the aerodyne KW it was blue. The red one is the flat top. Why doesn't P & P resin make any 1/16 scale parts.

They re-released the Pete 359 you figure that someone would come out with something. All in time I guess.

Maybe one day the 53 Pete that P & P does will be done in 1/16. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

Kenny B.

I have the aerodyne KW it was blue. The red one is the flat top. Why doesn't P & P resin make any 1/16 scale parts.

They re-released the Pete 359 you figure that someone would come out with something. All in time I guess.

Maybe one day the 53 Pete that P & P does will be done in 1/16. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

Kenny B.

I guess it take a lot of rubber to make the molds for 1/16th parts , I think monogram should put

both roofs in the kit ,so the builder has an option.

Doug

Sorry I posted before I took a good look at the pic. Looks like the late 70's, early/mid 80's style based on the pic. Sorry I've just been wanting a new style w900 for a while.

Looks like we'll have to take this one a change it in to a newer W 900 L.

I know its an older style truck but here are some things I'm going to do to it.

Update the hood,Double square lights,Vortex style air cleaners,Texas style bumper.Cab,Sleeper and Hood stainless trim.

Aerodyne Studio sleeper,New style bullet and running lights and a few other things and it will be a very nice looking W 900 L.

I'll be making a lot of parts for this truck,if anyone wants some send me a PM and I'll give you a list.

The sleeper will be offered in plastic not resin.

This is what I'm talking about doing.

DSC07040_zps811fff73.jpg

FYI the Monogram kit is basicly the Revell of Germany w900a kit simplified and in 1/16 scale right down to the v8 Cat engine. Monograms 1/16 scale kits build nice and look good but they are very simple and low on detail compared to 1/24,1/25 scale and even the old AMT 1/43 T nT kits. The reason for this is they were aimed at youth market as entry level kits. That being said with them being 1/16 scale there is tons of opportunity for super detailing. As far as the aftermarket goes they are a limited market that's why there isn't much available. At one time however Auslowe and some others in Australia had a lot of goodies for these kits as they were popular there. These kits are probably on the same detail level as Revell's (formerly Monogram's) 1/25 snap tite Pete 359 and KW w900. But it's still nice to see them again and the model makers paying attention to us. And a side note make sure have a lot of shelf space these things are big.

Hey snoop there was a resin cast of the w900L sometime ago by P&P resin works.hope this helps you.

Maybe you should drop a line to Eric at P&P. I know that last year he had some problems with the old W900L casting molds being quite used up. He could be up to something though. That would be someting I'd pick up in a blink.

As I was never lucky enough to get one when I was a kid, and I've advanced significantly since then, I'll take whatever I can get....I'm having a blast building stuff in 1/16 scale..Flat top or otherwise.....If it's priced anywhere near the Pete, I'm gonna have even more fun!!! Just can't wait....

Edited by kilrathy10

As I was never lucky enough to get one when I was a kid, and I've advanced significantly since then, I'll take whatever I can get....I'm having a blast building stuff in 1/16 scale..Flat top or otherwise.....If it's priced anywhere near the Pete, I'm gonna have even more fun!!! Just can't wait....

Your like me and a few others no matter what kind of sleeper it has,we'll have to build a bigger customized one for our's.