Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aventador, Which is best, Aoshima or Fujimi?

stevehansen

Bear in mind I'm telling you this as someone who's test-fitted pretty deeply into both kits but hasn't finished either one:

If you prize ease of assembly and you don't mind the higher price, the Fujimi may work better for you. It controls body sink marks a bit better, uses sliding molds to greater effect, includes photoetch in the standard version, and has fewer parts and that extra unplated set of wheels you mention (believe both sets are up-sized a scale inch as Fujimi likes to do).

By nearly any other measure, the Aoshima kit is apt to be more to your liking. Even the version with the one-piece insert has more depth and detail in the engine bay area, the door hinges actually function, the tires are good P-zero representations, and the detail just pops more all around. Aoshima's separate detail-up kit is a sweetheart, with photoetch, adhesive metal transfers, and floor mats. And in those tiny, barely noticeable areas where the Fujimi and Aoshima bodies diverge, it's Aoshima that seems a wee bit closer.

Realllly like my Fujimi, love my Aoshima - I'm guessing Aoshima's will be the kit with greater general appeal.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Bear in mind I'm telling you this as someone who's test-fitted pretty deeply into both kits but hasn't finished either one:

If you prize ease of assembly and you don't mind the higher price, the Fujimi may work better for you. It controls body sink marks a bit better, uses sliding molds to greater effect, includes photoetch in the standard version, and has fewer parts and that extra unplated set of wheels you mention (believe both sets are up-sized a scale inch as Fujimi likes to do).

By nearly any other measure, the Aoshima kit is apt to be more to your liking. Even the version with the one-piece insert has more depth and detail in the engine bay area, the door hinges actually function, the tires are good P-zero representations, and the detail just pops more all around. Aoshima's separate detail-up kit is a sweetheart, with photoetch, adhesive metal transfers, and floor mats. And in those tiny, barely noticeable areas where the Fujimi and Aoshima bodies diverge, it's Aoshima that seems a wee bit closer.

Realllly like my Fujimi, love my Aoshima - I'm guessing Aoshima's will be the kit with greater general appeal.

Chuck has done an excellent quick review of them and I agree with his synopsis. Note in his review that the Fujimi kit allows you to pose the doors open or closed whereas the Aoshima kit has working hinges. I put mine aside, however, to work on the recent RoG SA Aperta and started analyzing the Fujimi F12 Berlinetta I got delivered just before Christmas.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...