Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 70.5 ADRL Extreme Pro Mod Camaro Update: 6/4 addition of wheelie bar

I can't understand, how you can make that kind of opening door... :blink: Amazing talents. I'm in trouble if I have to make opening doors without that kind of door lock... Amazing job on this, I can't wait to see more.

Bart... That is flat out Awesome!! Thank you for the video. I may just have to borrow that idea of your. Great work bud.

Yeah, that is awesome the way that it works.

Chris and Wayne... Thank you very much for the kind words, it is much appreciated!

Chris, I say borrow away and use on your build anyway you can figure it out to work. Especially on your Pro Mod you will soon be working on. :)

Brad, Robert, Derrick and Joe, I appreciate you stopping in and taking a gander at the video. Thanks for the complement!

Outstandable !! Now, do that with the butterflies and the throttle linkage and the brake pedal....and the working ignition keyswitch........

Joe, my intentions are to make the butterflies and brake pedal functioning. The throttle linkage will be iffy, depending on how many connections I will need to do. My concern is up around the Hat and getting the brackets sturdy enough to handle movement.

I can't understand, how you can make that kind of opening door... :blink: Amazing talents. I'm in trouble if I have to make opening doors without that kind of door lock... Amazing job on this, I can't wait to see more.

Niko, you have a lot of Talent as well! You work with Brass and do a lot of your own scratch building which is just amazing! So i know you can make the doors, it will just take some concentration and time.

Cool video, Bart. That is an excellent design! Thanks for the video clip...

Thanks Scott for the complement! Pretty simple and does exactly what I needed it to do. Again Thanks to Wayne for the great suggestion of using the Lock springs. :D

Not much of an update, but I thought I would share since it is dark and had to stop working. Now I just have to make the final 3 brackets and 3 T handle's to hold down the top NOS tank bracket. Even added threaded bolts to mount the four brackets.

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

Here is a Little taste of my Rig that will be pulling my Pro Mod. A lot of custom work ahead of me on this one as well. It will be stretched out to the 355" wheelbase. Hood, Cab and Sleeper will be dropped down onto the frame a scale 4" and the Cab will be chopped. For the trailer, I am thinking a semi Stack Trailer just like they use to haul the race cars in.

IMG_3459.jpg

Bart... those Nitrous bottles are looking great and so are all of the brackets that you have fabricated. Great work Bud!! Looks like a great start on the rig. I have a few pics of a rig I saw at the races. Wished I would have gotten more for you. Most of the rigs were parked side by side and tuff to get some good pics of. But I was able to get a few and hope they help.

Scott, Wayne, Joe, Darryl, Tyrone, Chris.... Thank you all for the kind words and words of encouragement!

I would love to take credit for the turned aluminum tanks, but Thanks goes out to Jim (MicroNitro). :) I have just done the small detail of building the NOS bracket that will be used to hold them down in my car.

Darryl, when I get closer to wrapping up the car I will be looking for your "How To" on your deployed Chutes, I really would like to add that detail to my project!

• 2 weeks later...