Model Cars Magazine Forum

This got flat bedded in yesterday. The owner cranked it over and it locked-up. Pulled the plugs & coolant drained out of #5…… Engine is coming out. It's a stroker 383 w/ BDS 2X4 bbl., Jericho 5 spd., 4-link rear. Aside from the color (in my opinion…) the car is drop-dead gorgeous.

Image13-vi.jpg

Image14-vi.jpg

Image15-vi.jpg

Image3-vi.jpg

This is getting final details for delivery next weekend. This family was broad-sided by a stop sign runner. We brought it back to life. The guys in our metal shop can rebuild or fabricate just about anything. The car owner bought a rust-free shell from the mid-west as a donor car. The metal guys said the donor car was better than the wreck they repaired. On final assembly I had to swap the un-broken vent window out of the damaged door as it had sentimental value. The father used to race it at the long-gone Island Dragway and he had a class winner sticker.

Before:

IMG_0420-vi.jpg

After:

Image11-vi.jpg

Jealousy is a stinky cologne and I can't wear it well

Don't intend to offend, just want to share. I'm fortunate to be in a position to supply the type of intricate detail shots I hope you guys would enjoy. Granted, I spent 35 yrs. working in new-car service departments where it was all rape & pillage, but here it's almost like a reward for not killing all those idiot managers and frustrating co-workers. Yes, I know I'm incredibly fortunate to do this for a living, but I still want others to see the cool stuff out there. Especially the really out-there stuff, like the big block Chevy powered `69 Dodge Charger I got road-worthy this week. Nothing pretty, but a solid 9+ on the weird meter.

Again, when some really neat stuff pops up, I'm going to share. After all, we're all car-people here, right? B)

Don't intend to offend, just want to share. I'm fortunate to be in a position to supply the type of intricate detail shots I hope you guys would enjoy. Granted, I spent 35 yrs. working in new-car service departments where it was all rape & pillage, but here it's almost like a reward for not killing all those idiot managers and frustrating co-workers. Yes, I know I'm incredibly fortunate to do this for a living, but I still want others to see the cool stuff out there. Especially the really out-there stuff, like the big block Chevy powered `69 Dodge Charger I got road-worthy this week. Nothing pretty, but a solid 9+ on the weird meter.

Again, when some really neat stuff pops up, I'm going to share. After all, we're all car-people here, right? B)

Not trying to offend you one bit.

What I mean with that post is that i'm jealous of the really great things you get to do on a daily basis. I'm really glad things have fallen into place for you. By all means keep these posts coming. I'm waiting. B)

I think a co-worker has a short video of that big-block Chevy/Charger being driven for the first time in 8 years.

I'll get back to you. ;)

I think that Chevy/Charger owner might have a personality disorder. :wacko: