Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Revell Hawaiian Dodge Charger Funny Car

Casey

Looks like a bit of tin work surgery will have to be done to get that body down! And I hope Revell will sell us those tires and wheels in bulk to replace the old crappy ones!

REVELL!!! SELL US JUST THE WHEELS AND TIRES!!!!!

Unfortunately every part which touches the body needs to be modified to lower it, then the driver cage part of the chassis touches the roof, and then...you get the idea. These kits are a good starting point, but considering they represent 1972 technology, they could use some changes here and there, even for a '73 car.

Not sure exactly the wheels and tires will be, though I expect the fronts to be similar to the ribbed style found in the Revell '50 Olds, Rat Roaster, etc. kits. Not sure they can do that style of wheel with the rear slicks, though, so I guess we'll find out in a few months when the kit arrives.

That Hawaiian is got to be one of the boringest funny car I have ever seen , the rear slicks look a lot better and rims.

Well, Revell has been releasing kits of both the Hawaiian, Chi-Town Hustler, and Jungle Jim kits since 1973, so I wouldn't expect them to drastically change things up and decide to release a kit of Mike Halloran's or Tom Hoover's White Bear Dodge sponsored cars, even though both are arguably more visually exciting.

Slixx released a sheet to do the Willie Borsch Charger when the 1/16 Hawaiian was last reissued, and if you can find one of the 1/16 Pabst Charger decal sheets, you're golden.

I hear ya, Casey. I am just glad they have not totally abandoned us large scale drag fans. But yes, a different car, i.e. car owner, would have been great.

I am lucky I have the Pabst and Willie Borsch decals, now, if someone would just make the Don Garlits or Spaulding Dodge car, then we would get some excitement going!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sure hope the rear tires are bigger than the last versions they offered.

Hard to say for sure, but it looks like they are, and the shoulders more squared off, too, similar to the Aurora M&H Racemaster slicks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank, AZ! I really want to compare the wheels to the Aurora ones and the tires to the original Revell units.

I notice the lack of manufacturer on the tires. We can make them M&H or Firestones!

Special thanks to the guy that helped Revell get them done! You know who you are!

Edited by Daddyfink