Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum ads

sjordan2

Hey dudes and dudettes, this is the age of constant and intrusive marketing, and it's what makes the world go around (especially America, because we are rapidly becoming a country that doesn't generate revenue by actually MAKING anything). :(

Revenue in this country is mostly being generated by us selling each other services and entertainment, selling each other stuff that's actually made somewhere else, and screwing each other out of as much money for as little in return as possible. This is the simple truth, once you strip away the BS. :(

So get used to having more and more IN YOUR FACE marketing, everywhere you go. Soon, it will be beamed to you in your sleep, tattooed on the insides of babies' eyelids at birth, and encoded in your DNA. :(

Just get over it. It seems to be what the majority want. :huh:

:lol: :lol:

I agree with the above comment. Although I am not bothered by the banner ads, you must admit we are bombarded by ads in our daily lives. The newest, and by far the most ANNOYING (at least to me) has to be the gas stations now installing video advertising right into the gas pumps. Boy, I hate that! CITGO at least has a "mute" button. Cumberland Farms forces us to listen to that idiot Hasselhoff pretending to sing. No "mute" button, either.

Also, I often read here a comment that goes something like "Ask Gregg".

It's his board. Doesn't he ever read it? So by posting something here, isn't it reasonable to expect Gregg to see it? Just curious.

. . . you must admit we are bombarded by ads in our daily lives.

I'd like to respond to that comment, but I'm too busy answering my cell phone to find the constant barrage of spam automated callers, spam voicemail messages, spam text messages, and spam emails!

I'd like to respond to that comment, but I'm too busy answering my cell phone to find the constant barrage of spam automated callers, spam voicemail messages, spam text messages, and spam emails!

The way they are able to target emails to specific people these days, you must buy a lot of Spam...

The Do Not Call lists don't seem to work anymore...that's why I keep my phone on vibrate or the ringer off most of the time...

Guest Johnny

The Do Not Call lists don't seem to work anymore...that's why I keep my phone on vibrate or the ringer off most of the time...

Do you keep your phone in your front pocket?? :lol:

ads are okay - just keep them hobby related. maybe that means sidebar ads instead of pop ups. I assume that enables the marketing department to have some decision in which companies to sell space. when I go to a site with ads pertaining to the subject, quite often i'll visit the advertiser's site.

• 2 months later...

Please read the red highlighted bit below first before you post something.

Hey I just noticed this morning that my ad blocker is not stopping ads as of this morning, but just on this site. Do I need to update ad blocker or get a better one? They appear under the first post at the top of the page after the first page. Any help greatly appreciated.

Also please don't post anything unless it's about how I can solve the problem, no snarky,hateful,rude, or sarcastic responses please. I know this is a sensitive topic so the best thing to do is to ignore it if you do not know how. It will be locked once I find a solution.

October 16, 2013 the FCC passed a motion that now requires autodiallers to remove ALL cell phones from their lists. This includes any cell phone numbers that have or have not been previously given out for solicitation. Now autodiallers are prohibitted by law from calling cell phones for the purpose of solicitation.

On a lighter note, I just downloaded adblock...and enabled the social media link blocks as well.

Edited by Skydime