Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

A little bit of an update. Of course nothing ever goes as planned as far as most of my builds are concerned. When I did the alternator brackets and such I forgot to take in mind that the steering box and shaft would not be in the way. WRONG. So I had to move the alternator to the passenger side. Had to make new brackets because the olds ones broke when I tried to take them apart. Anyway here are the pictures.

Here is the old bracket And the new one

IMG_1659-vi.jpgIMG_1688-vi.jpg

Steering box and shaft.

IMG_1677-vi.jpg

Also had to modify the exhaust some, the exhaust dump on the passenger side came straight down on the starter, so I moved them back on both sides for clearance. You will also notice in the picture that I made a fuel pump and added a parts box starter to the engine and also drilled holes for the spark plugs.

Original

IMG_0719-vi.jpg

New Exhaust

IMG_1680-vi.jpgIMG_1683-vi.jpg

Here is a few pictures of it together. Now most of the engine is complete except for the fuel lines and throttle linkage, but that can be completed after engine is put together, now I just got to figure out what color. I also modified the firewall for wiring harness, throttle cable exit and rounded the center for distributor clearance.

IMG_1690-vi.jpgIMG_1691-vi.jpg

IMG_1692-vi.jpgIMG_1693-vi.jpg