Model Cars Magazine Forum

What can you tell me about the GSLISVCC ?

randx0

It is a great time for the serious model car builder. There are lots of really well built models to look at. The seminars are all great and informative. Saturday brings the trade show/swap meet and visits to the museum. Sunday is the awards breakfast.

As far as competition goes - there are a handful of "Oh My God GOOD!" models that compete for Best in show. Then there will be another somewhat bigger group of models that are excellent in all ways that compete for the class awards, especially in Street Rod, Custom, and drag racing classes. Some classes are not as competitive. I would urge anyone who is intent on being or becoming an excellent builder to go. It is inspirational to see all the great models and to talk to the builders. Everyone is very open and friendly. I consider it an essential part of my model car schedule!

Hey Mike, believe me or not, some of my friends there had told me that I had not been missing anything good on this one, but...noooo, they are completly wrooong...hahahaha...Next year we will do the crown burger stop without any doubt!...The Sushi Bar next to the Sheraton Hotel its also an oficial stop...at least for us...hahahaha...here it comes the Boricua gang next year...

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Simon, look what we have been missing!!!! :o

Randy, for the first time there you really will get blown away on how great of a show it is and how great the people are and helpful. Exspect to spend a lot of time from sun up to weee hrs in the morning talking to some of the best builders around and then on Sunday noramly after it's all done a lot of guys get together and split up and go sight seeing.