Model Cars Magazine Forum

Those are nice photos.. reminders of a time gone by. I especially like the second and fourth ones from the top.. I love old buildings - they have such character and charm and I always wonder what they have heard and seen within their walls are around them. Memories.. I wonder who those buildings really mean something speial to? Thanks for posting the pics-- I for one, really enjoyed them. B):lol::lol:

I've always loved old abandoned buildings. Sometimes I can feel their "ghosts" just by looking at them from a distance. But get up close or even inside, and that's when the dead come alive... so to speak. Maybe it's just a feel for the history of the location or a sense of nostalga, but I frequently get the same sensation in automotive junk yards.

Thanks for posting the pics, I really enjoyed them.

David G.

• 2 weeks later...

Half this city is abandoned, I have been in some cool ones.

Philadelphia general hospital was closed and abandoned for 30 years.

They were shut down by the federal government and made to leave over night.

In 2005 we did the roof for the new owners who converted it to condos.

As the roofers we are always first in,it was like walking into a 1960s horror flick.

The morge in the basement was the coolest,the hospital was basically still fully equipped.

Anyway here is a roof were starting monday,appeared to be emplty 10-15 years and a old factory.

IMAG0752.jpg

IMAG0751.jpg

IMAG0750.jpg

BTW,Silver Street is where Rocky lived in Rocky 1.

IMAG0757.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

Edited by Greg Cullinan

Jeff I think Detroit has more than Philly from what I've seen.

Here's a little message left for me in a abandoned house,I edited for the kids and meek,it was explicit.

IMAG0788-1.jpg

And here is support for a cop killer who has been on death row for thirty years,liberals love him.

IMAG0789.jpg

You take your life in your hands entering these properties.

Edited by Greg Cullinan

He's right... the old Packard plant is still there! Well, what's left of it.

Actually Chuck, it's still all pretty much still there! It sits right across I-94 at Mount Elliot and E.Grand Blvd., from my old plant, Det/Hamtramik Ass. Div. otherwise knows as "Poletown" And it's a NASTY SCARY place EVEN IN THE DAY! And it's got packs of it's own "Factory Dogs" that you DON'T wanna mess with!!! It IS a REALLY nasty place!:D:lol::D;)