Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete 359 Wrecker Update. 24 lights down. 41 to go

Very nice. Are you fabricating an LED controller or was part of the light bar kit?

This thing is going to be a beast!

On the LED's Henry, check Radio Shack if you are up for some simple soldering. They are getting out of this kind of stuff more and more nationwide (sadly). I picked up a large "kit" of LED's (about 20 or so) of various sizes/colors for $5. Ditto for microswitches. The other thing is check Dollar General and cheapo type stores for leftover LED Christmas light strings and little prelit "desktop trees". Usually a buck or less if they still have them. Granted they will likely be all one color (clear) but are usually pefect for headlights or interior lights. Sometimes these strings can difficult to tell the voltage required and polarity. Just try series connecting AAA batteries. Try one battery, then reverse the wires. Then two batts in series and reverse wires, then three....and so on. You might pop one LED in the process of figuring it out, but at this price, so what?.

Haha its very simple. I made my light bars up in about 15 minutes. I've been able to hide the wires in the rotator and bed which took a little longer. But now its time to feed them and the controller into the sleeper

Edited by goodwin3224

Filling up fast. I have two controllers in there now and waiting on the third. Then I have to clean up and shorten the power wire from my 9 volts and mount my switches

20140208_192559_zpsj5dntdla.jpg

20140208_193158_zps6nk0v6ae.jpg

Yeah your right Henry 14 lights down 45 more lights to go haha

Thanks will. It's kinda crazy. I can't wait to see either. I'm almost ready to do paint