Model Cars Magazine Forum

Want To know these things

Here's something for the very wise. How many times ,on a generic 18" auto tire, is the tread pattern repeted. How many times is the circumfrence divided?. How many times for a ground contact tractor tire?. These are the things that bug me to no end. Does anyone know where to find a measured blueprint of a generic auto tire and a ground contact tractor tire??

I am in the process of making a master for a tire. The one I am making has 30 tread blocks running the circumference. That means they are 12 degrees apart.

Since my tire is a 205/50R15 I can't say if a larger or smaller tire has the same size blocks, but more or less of them, or if all the tires in this particular series share the mathematical equation.

Richard my friend..I do not mean this in a mean or demeaning way...but this bugs you to no end? :D There sure are a lot of other things that bug me to no end but the tread pattern on a tire sure isn't one of them! Having enough money to pay the bills....my wife's ill health....how much in taxes I pay....things like that are things that bug me... LOL

Hey man no problem. Used that as a euphemism in the context of modern verbal parlance. I have tried to model in 3d a tire with the treads on it and have come up wanting, so I was hoping for help with stats and technical stuff. It's really hard to tell to the casual observer. WOW, LOL, LOL

Edited by raildogg