Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible

Ron35369

This is an original screw bottom annual that I finished late last year. I painted it with 1961 Olds Tropic Mist poly & multi colors on the interior. I think these Bonnevilles look so good dropped so I added Pegasus wheels & set it in the weeds. Hope you enjoy.

62Bonnevillefinished8.jpg

62Bonnevillefinished7.jpg

62Bonnevillefinished6.jpg

62Bonnevillefinished9.jpg

62Bonnevillefinished3.jpg

62Bonnevillefinished4.jpg

62Bonnevillefinished5.jpg

That colour looks absolutely so right on that car!!!! It never fails to make me smile when I see an old model brought back to life and when it a quality build like yours, it makes it even better!! The colour looks like when the car was designed, the guy doing the drawings had it already picked out and he designed the car around the colour. Nice job.. vERY nice!!!

Thanks again for the great comments. Charlie had asked what colors I used on the interior. Unfortunately I didn't write down the colors I used, I just searched through the couple hundred bottles of Delta Acrylic paints I have & picked out three that i thought would go together & compliment the exterior color.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for the great comments. Charlie had asked what colors I used on the interior. Unfortunately I didn't write down the colors I used, I just searched through the couple hundred bottles of Delta Acrylic paints I have & picked out three that i thought would go together & compliment the exterior color.

You did a remarkable job! Those colors, from what I've seen, are very, very close to the factory Morrokide.

Charlie Larkin

Thank you again for the nice comments. I have to say this Bonnie was one of my favorite builds of last year. I will have more "classic" kits for you to see this year. Charlie, I was going for just that look when I picked the interior colors. The only one I might have changed was the dark green on the floor & dash...I think could have been a little more towards blue-green. I'm very happy though that you all like my builds. I'll try not to dissapoint in the future.