Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Anti-Pesto Van!! -I have that kit too........a surprisingly detailed kit -NICE. I actually have all the Wallace and Grommit kits as well as all the Shaun The Sheep kits.....they are VERY cool!! Great haul you got here!!

This is what I am up to with it!

The charger floor is much better,it will need topping and tailing though.

The tyres are a better fit too!

Might.....use this colour on it..

Just to prove that the other charger is ok.

Just got in the mail.

- Lindberg Owens Deluxe Cruiser

- MPC Magnum GT II.   Most of its there.  Missing clear roof.  Already have a built up with the clear roof

- FAB Resinworks Holly 600 and 750 carbs 

- FAB Resinworks Holly Dominator carbs.    They are very nice quality.

1mm is great for emblems - you do need a light touch. One note: The tip on mine dried up after three days (No, I didn't leave the lid off); trimming the end slightly with a fresh X-acto blade got it going again. Now I'll remember to store it vertically, tip down.

Instead of trimming the tip, pull it off the marker (It pops right out with ease) and drop it in some Acetone, it'll clean the blockage out overnight. Pull it out and let it dry for a few hours, pop it back in the marker and you're good to go!

photo4-vi.jpg

And the 4mm is great for bumpers! This is from the Revell '66 GTO kit, the one the chrome is always rubbed off of. I stripped it, painted it with some House Of Kolors Black, and used the 4mm to re-chrome it!

photo12-vi.jpg

photo18-vi.jpg

Instead of trimming the tip, pull it off the marker (It pops right out with ease) and drop it in some Acetone, it'll clean the blockage out overnight. Pull it out and let it dry for a few hours, pop it back in the marker and you're good to go!

photo4-vi.jpg

And the 4mm is great for bumpers! This is from the Revell '66 GTO kit, the one the chrome is always rubbed off of. I stripped it, painted it with some House Of Kolors Black, and used the 4mm to re-chrome it!

photo12-vi.jpg

photo18-vi.jpg

Wow! That was all done with marks? That's amazing. What the name of these marker again? What do cost? And were can one get them? I hate bare metal foil. Would this be a good alternative to that?

Scott

Wow! That was all done with marks? That's amazing. What the name of these marker again? What do cost? And were can one get them? I hate bare metal foil. Would this be a good alternative to that?

Scott

Molotow Liquid Chrome. $8-13 depending on where you get them. Amazon is quickest, but more expensive. There are other online art supply shops that also sell and ship. Will have to do a little research to find the right choice for you. Some charge a fair amount for shipping, while others are more reasonable. Good alternative for BMF, IMO, but it can flow readily so you may need to mask off what you are painting.

Scott

I had to use one of these chrome pens on most of the chrome on the front end of the Porsche I'm building, mainly because where the parts were cut off the sprue, instead of just trying to touch them up, i went over the parts with the 2mm pen.

Not today, but got a lot of stuff yesterday at the South Carolina Modelers Association (SCMA) show/contest in Spartanburg, SC. Kudos to SCMA for a great job of organizing and running the show.

Found a couple of "Grail" kits - a resin 58 Ford hardtop with chrome parts from R&R.  And an AURORA 1/84 scale USS Tucumcari Hydrofoil.  Had the Tucumcari years ago, sold it, not doing that again!

Other stuff I picked up:
AMT 81 Ford Bronco x2

AMT & REVELL 63 Chevy Impalas.  (Incredibly, I didn't have any 63 Chevies at all in my stash.)

AMT "Prestige" 63 Corvette convertible

GLENCOE McDonnell XV-1 Convertiplane 1/32 scale (Another kit I had once and sold on eBay, to my regret)

JO-HAN 59 Rambler Station Wagon, the Okey Spaulding re-issue

MONOGRAM 55 Chevy convertible "Indy Pace Car." With 2 stock bodies, 2 chassis, and a resin hardtop body all in the box.

MONOGRAM Lil Coffin, open but complete

PROTAR Alfa-Romeo Giulietta 1300cc roadster

And a few other parts kits, tools and odds & ends.  Again, great show and I hope to visit it again next year.

While it's always nice to see what everyone is buying, we all also need to remember our good friend Harry Pristovnik, the former and hopefully future moderator of this board, and a huge contributor to MCM, this website, and a constant source of inspirational, beautifully executed models.

In case you don't know, or forgot, Harry is fighting cancer, has had a serious heart attack brought on by his chemo treatments, and is STILL fighting for his life.

He can't work, is incapacitated, and HE STILL NEEDS OUR HELP.

I'm sure everyone here can afford $25 a month to help him, and if not that, at least $10.

There's been no funding activity on his site...which means nobody has sent any money...since about the first of the year.

I'll send $100 as soon as I get my next check.

Who's with me?

https://www.gofundme.com/2pndgj5w

Just cruising around on the web and found some slot car sets. Had several when I was younger, much younger and had a lot of fun with them. Saw this set and thought , why not ? Easy to see why I decided on this set I would guess.

slot%20car%20set%20001_zpsazipwcr7.jpg

I'm guessing that's the 1/32 scale set ?  I've looked at it several times at the LHS but haven't grabbed it yet , maybe you could post some more pics down in the Model Car Racing section . As a kid in the 60's I was really into slot cars , maybe more than models . :D

Yes Bob it is 1/32. I got it on Amazon. 129.00 with free shipping. May be awhile before I break it out of the box as I need to decide where to set it up. I'm thinking I should have maybe selected an HO set.

Or are you going to do what I did when I purchased my Auto World Petty vs. Baker HO set about a year ago? And never take it out of box? In fear of ruining its pristine its condition? At times I think it's ridiculous at I bought the set. I really have no interest in racing slot cars anymore. But, the Petty vs. Baker set represents a time when I was into racing slot cars. So I couldn't pass it up. And it is a beautiful set.

Scott

Is this he set that can run the AMT 1/25 scale cars on it? 

I believe you'll find that only the AMT "Authentic Model Turnpike" track is fully compatible with the AMT cars. They have a dedicated pickup-shoe that also runs the working steering, and keeps the cars on the track in the event of a spinout.

Image result for amt model turnpike

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...