Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modern Era Supermodified in 1/8 Scale

I want to take a break from building sprint cars and I love supermodifeds almost as much as sprints. I drew plans up this weekend and I'm ready to start fabing. A lot of you may have never even seen a supermodified. They are wild and probably the fastest race cars, out there, on a half mile pavement track. Big blocks and small blocks all in the 900+ HP range; 70+% left side weight bias and huge wings that move up when entering the corner and go down flat on the straight aways. This should be fun. 101_2565.jpg

101_2564.jpg

101_2563.jpg

101_2562.jpg

That's a super alright, Randy, nice work. Thanks Dave, Scott and Bill, this will be a fun project. Joe I started on the frame and I've decided these supers are part Indy Car ( the wings and nose), part stock car ( the frame), part dragster ( the motor) and part sprint car (all the rest of it) 101_2568.jpg

101_2569.jpg

Ken, do you sell your Blue Prints? you know me as bubba930 from another forum, and I am be going to be watching your build as I did with you Dirt Modified, and Sprinter, all are really amazing builds forsure!

MIKE AKAI

Thanks Mike and yes I do sell blueprints for 1/8 scale sprints ( todays cars and from the 80s). vintage 60s midget, supermodified and the Watson Roadster plans. All in 1/8 scale. The sprint plans show how to build every part even the tires and wheels.They're 12 pages of 12X18 sheets. You need to e-mail me at kmeaders@q.com if you're interested.

Thanks Bill; I've got some more done on this beast. Check out the inboard spring/shock set up on the front end. The rear wing still need the compressed air canisters that raise it up, in the back, when entering a corner.101_2610.jpg

101_2616.jpg

101_2606.jpg

Edited by Old Sprinter

Thanks Derrick, Bill, Romell and Chris. I won't let anything prevent me from being at that Desert Classic next year. I've got her up on wheels and I'm still messing with the body and making radius rods, nerf bars, etc. Like Romell says " details, details, there's always more details until you're finished."101_2633.jpg

101_2632.jpg

101_2635.jpg