Model Cars Magazine Forum

kenworth race rig.

this is a kw w900 i built and trailer built to resemble a race rig. the truck i built and the trailer was built by a good friend from this site jt williams. all the paint is hand masked and painted. thanks for looking. pics aren't that great but hope to get a new camera soon.

post-10867-0-65606100-1359605177_thumb.j

post-10867-0-95454900-1359605203_thumb.j

Man, that paint looks awesome on that rig...The graphics you did are outstanding....And I don't know how you got yellow to pop out over that black, but whatever you did, it worked...Very nice....I'll have your next trailer built by the end of the day...Hope to send it out by Monday....

well jt learned from an old hot rod painter that to make yellow pop use a black base coat takes a little more paint to cover it but once its covered its deep and really pops. wet sanded it with 600 grit then 2000 grit before painting it then wet sanded again with 1000 grit after it was painted and cleared. its slick as glass and you can see yourself in it like a mirror. the pic does it no justice new camera should be here soon so hopefully that will help out alot.