Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Barn with 30 Packard

vaughn

This is my first Dio, but here it goes. If this old Packard could only talk. "At one time in my life, I was a good looking ride. I was the envy of my peers. I was taken care of and polished and driven by some of the finest people. But somewhere along the way, I was sold and traded several times to some not so caring people. I was never wrecked and never left uncovered outside too often. Somewhere down the road,I think in this barn, someone came in and stripped me of all my shinny parts, my wheels and whatever else they could make a dollar on. They left me here in a dismantled situation. Needless to say, someone recently has been coming in and working on me and the place. He has removed my motor and cleaned it up a little. It looks as if he might be starting a shop. I doubt if there is much he can do to my body, but I am glad he has shown some interest." So there it is. And actually, I received this model from ebay without the chrome and wheels and windshield. So this is the lemonade I made out of it. Was hard to figure out what photos to post and the ones that I did post are probably not in sequence. Have so many more on Photobucket. Barn is scratch built and does have a roof. The story line could be different or go on and on. I have changed the settings several times. A Dio seems to be never finished. hope you guys like it.

IMG]http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy345/lezodus/Packard%20Dio%20Rearranged/020.jpg

030.jpg

148.jpg

093.jpg

099.jpg

30PackardDio005.jpg

30PackardDio020.jpg

30PackardDio032.jpg

105.jpg

110.jpg]

067.jpg

Edited by vaughn

Wow! Great use for an incomplete model, and a great diorama, Terry! The story really adds a lot to the realism,too. Nice work. How did you do that barn siding? Popsicle/craft sticks? It looks good. I've seen some barns like that around here in central PA.

Sam

Thanks Sam. Popsicle sticks and Lantana wood for the posts. Alot of shaving,cut fingers, and water based walnut stain with ashes rubbed in afterwards

070.jpg

Vaughn, if this is you're first attempt at dioramas , you need to stay in this venue . You sir have a future ! Ed Shaver

Thanks Ed. and yes its my first. Coming from you,as I have seen your work, I am honored. From one Sag. to another. thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gramps-xrds

This is very impressive. The story it tells with the before and after pix is great. Your attention to detail and the old barn are top level, especially for a first attempt. I've seen dios from ppl that have done several and they didn't do as well as you did on the first try. Really great job.

This is very impressive. The story it tells with the before and after pix is great. Your attention to detail and the old barn are top level, especially for a first attempt. I've seen dios from ppl that have done several and they didn't do as well as you did on the first try. Really great job.

Greatly appreciate the compliment.