Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Old Project Reborn

93Z34

This is another kit I started quite awhile ago and decided it was time to finish it up. I currently have 4 different projects going right now but I am going to get this one wrapped up in the near future.

This is Revell's Dodge Ram SVT concept truck. I decided to go with red and white stripes vs the blue that the truck on the box depicted. I don't know...something about a bright colore I guess...anyways, the kit is a great one and the parts fit is very nice so far.

Not much in the way of detailing on this one though. Pretty much a box stock build, plus there really isn't a whole lot of detailing that shows on the Viper engines anyways as most everything is under cover in terms of wiring and so forth. All in all though, a very enjoyable kit to build!

RamSVT003.jpg

RamSVT002.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

SVTEngine.jpg

SVTBody.jpg

After having been sick most of the week, I finally felt good enough to do some work on the Dodge Ram truck today. I was able to detail the wheels and finish assembling the suspension. I still have quite abit to do, but the kit is coming together rather nicely with the exception of a couple setback which I won't get into here.

Anyways, I cleared the body after applying the decals too and the finish turned out almost flawless and extremely glossy. Here are the pics:

RamSVT007.jpg

RamSVT006.jpg

RamSVT005.jpg

RamSVT004-1.jpg

RamSVT003-1.jpg

RamSVT002-1.jpg

RamSVT001-1.jpg