Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #53

Why do some of you insist on ruining this for everyone else by posting hints and answers, even after I tell you every week not to do that?

If you don't want to play the game, that's fine. But it's not ok to be a wise guy and intentionally ruin it for all the people who do want to play.

All I can say is that I've investigated several cars that I thought were possibilities with no success whatsoever. You got me this time, Harry.

BTW, I agree with you 100%: Anyone who knows what the Mystery Car is on any given week, PLEASE don't ruin it for those of us who enjoy the game! If I don't know what it is or can't find it, I'd like the opportunity to possibly come up with other ideas before Friday gets here.

The car in the photo is a Spanish 1968 or 69 Dodge Dart 3700GT.

Spanish auto maker Barreiros built cars in Spain under contract from Chrysler.

From Allpar.com: Before 1963, Dodge cars were imported into Spain in relatively small numbers by distributors. In 1963, Barreiros started to produce Dodge Darts under contract from Chrysler Corporation at the Villaverde factory. The local Barreiros Dart had a different front clip to show its higher market position, a four-speed manual transmission, and disc brakes at every wheel. A local-production version was made from 1965 to 1977, with just under 17,600 units sold during that entire period. The main reason for limited production arrangements such as this was protection of domestic production by the government. The Dart was Spain’s largest locally produced vehicle throughout its life, despite being expensive and relatively thirsty. The base model was the Dart GL; the sporty model was the Dart GT; and the Dodge 3700GT (named after the 3.7 liter / 225 cubic inch engine) was added at the top of the range later. Because of the high market position of the Darts, and their unusual six-cylinder engine (most Spanish cars used four cylinders), they were the official car for Spanish politicians for several years.

Who got it right:

MrObsessive

Badluck13

Draggon

ChrisR

Modelmartin

carsntrucks4you

mr moto

mr chips

Johnny

W-409

Junkman

george53

trogdor

I Finally got one Auto ID Quiz right, and that's great. Even though, this one was easier since that rear end of the car looked just like Dodge Dart, and after searching from Wikipedia and Google, I tried to find somekind of Australian version of the Dart, and then I found this model. It looked close enough, finally.