Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 GT 500. Done, with mirrors.

Harold

Just finished this one. Its the Motor City release (and hey, Revell, Motor City is not hyphenated!!!). Really nothing special here. The color is Testors De Ja Blue over white primer. I swapped in a set of Monogram Eagles for rolling stock. I never cared for the hood hinges on these kits, so I made one out of brass rod and tubing. It worked fine and fit perfectly until I got it together and slid the hood onto the hinge for one last time, and now. it doesn't want to close properly (I'll just slide it off the hinge and set it on top for display purposes). I've been experimenting with color and shading. I painted the seats and door panels with a mix of blue and orange and then drybrushed the white over that to bring out the texture and add some shadow to the white.

IMG_7130a.jpg

IMG_7134a.jpg

Yeah, gotta adress that. The wheels were a somewhat sloppy fit on the Eagles. They're not glued to the stubs, so I can do some fine tuning later. I just wanted to get it off my bench and into my cabinet (this was a rather fussy build).

Wow, that color just pops on that car! I never purchased any of the Testors paints in that series because I assumed they would all have the same oversized metal flakes. I may have to rethink that. Looks like your tire choice helped you achieve a killer stance.

Do you have any pics of the shading work you did on the interior you'd like to share? The majority of us would be interested in anything that enhances the realism of a build.

Lastly, what all did you find "fussy" about this kit? (I haven't built it yet).

Lastly, what all did you find "fussy" about this kit? (I haven't built it yet).

I just thought that the rear panel was always a pain on the 24th and 25th scale Mustangs from Revell and Monogram (Revell based this kit on Monogram's 1:10 scale master). My other gripe is the fit of the hood. Other than that, its probably me being too fussy about little things. No in progress interior pics, but all I did was mix blue with its complent orange to play offthe blue on the outside, than just drybrushed Polly S reefer white over it.

IMG_7146a.jpg

IMG_7150a.jpg

IMG_7147a.jpg

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I had fun building this one. Now its on to the Torino (yet another one)'

Thanks, Charlie. The wheels came with the kit but I thought the Gatorbacks looked somewhat more contemporary (at least until the mid-nineties :lol: ). And thanks, Harry. All I need now is a tripod (humans make lousy tripods). I almost forgot- it received several coats of Dupli-Color clear.

• 3 months later...