Model Cars Magazine Forum

AJ Watson Indy Roadster

With the help of Red Bull and my Ipod playing AC/DC, Bachman Turner Overdrive and the Stones I started the frame today for this newest adventure in modeling, an AJ Watson Indy Roadster. I love these cars and can't believe I'm finally building one in 1/8 scale. This thing will be Offy powered and as close to the picture as I can can get.101_2693.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you. I'm closing in on finishing the body. Got the glass laid up and now I'm going to cut out the body panels and hinge the hood with a small piano hinge. I still have some filling and sanding to do. I also made one wheel and tire with styrene. The wheel is a 1 1/4' conduit coupler with a styrene center. center. 101_2729.jpg

101_2739.jpg

101_2732.jpg

101_2733.jpg

Edited by Old Sprinter

I'm totally serious! I want to feature this is the magazine. Make sure you take good, high-res photos along the way. I see a future cover model here...

I'm totally serious! I want to feature this is the magazine. Make sure you take good, high-res photos along the way. I see a future cover model here...

That's cool, Harry, thanks. I'll try to take good pictures and I hope it turns out to be worthy of being in your magazine.

• 4 weeks later...