Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model car box top art MEGATHREAD

Hello everyone, thanks all for your feedback! I was getting a little self-conscious, wondering if my posting was annoying the forum. I've been enjoying reading the other threads very much; I just don't have much time to contribute right now.

TooOld; you're very welcome! I'm about halfway done; I still have the bulk of Chevy to do, as well as Pontiac, GMC and all things Mopar.

kataranga: ha ha, I totally hear you! I hope your work doesn't block Photobucket. Once I'm done, there should be over 3300 images: about a full-day's work of browsing, I'd imagine! They may have to pay you OVERTIME to view them all, ha ha.

Greg Myers: You're very welcome, and yes, I'm also fascinated to discover the lineage of many kits and reissues. Sorry to give the impression I was showing off; I really do love model cars with all my heart. I've built so many of these over the years, and I still want to build so many others. Discovering so many box tops to cars I've totally forgotten about or remember holding in my hands as a kid is an awesome feeling, and I'm so glad to share the experience of (re)discovery!

Tonight I'm planning to upload and name my Chevy BELAIR (and variant) images; 124 classics, including Fleetlines, sedan deliveries, wagons, 150s and Del Rays.

kataranga: ha ha, I totally hear you! I hope your work doesn't block Photobucket. Once I'm done, there should be over 3300 images: about a full-day's work of browsing, I'd imagine! They may have to pay you OVERTIME to view them all, ha ha.

Photobucket is the only image-sharing site that my work DOES block; Picasa, Fotki, and Flickr are all fine. :(

I really should start looking through these galleries when I'm home; I may end up replacing the images I have in my history articles with yours as they appear to be much more uniform and of better quality. :)

Edited by kataranga

There are also apparently a bunch of Revell twin packs that were released for K-mart, I think it was? I know of these:

twin_pack.jpg

http://www.firebirdtoys.com/firebirdmodels/MVC-001F.jpg

http://www.firebirdtoys.com/firebirdmodels/6252.jpg

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mFztrv79_ngMJJ7OyYMsCVQ.jpg

No idea how many there were...

Edited by kataranga

Just uploaded my CHEVY Belair (and variants) Photobucket gallery, check it out:

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/StefMarcinkowski/library/CHEVY%20Belair%20and%20variants?sort=9&page=1

Wanted to keep together all the Bel Airs, Fleetlines, sedan deliveries, wagons, 150s and Del Rays. They're all here except for the Nomads, which will be their own gallery.

Hello everyone, just added more pics to existing galleries:

92 Ford F-150 XLT

95 Ford F-150 XLT

64 Lincoln Continental convertible

64 Mercury Comet

59 Mercury Park Lane convertible

62 Ford Galaxie

63 Ford Galaxie convertible

66 Ford Galaxie (2000s reissue)

66 Ford Galaxie (1980s reissue)

90 Ford Mustang LX 5.0

56 Ford Thunderbird (Ringo)

69 Ford Torino NASCAR

2-packs:

Diablo/Viper

56 F-100/Chevy Pickup

68 Corvette/Corvette Indy

Corvette ZR-1/Firebird Formula

Yenko Camaro/Firebird Pro Street

Chevy S-10/Dodge Stealth

Hey kataranga, thanks so much for these awesome kits! I just added them to the GMC gallery.

And thanks, TooOld, I'm actually going to sleep right now, for the first time in about a year!

Awesome, kataranga! Thanks again for keeping the kits flowing. I've just added these babies to my Chevy trucks gallery. That's a very informative and entertaining post you made. Do you have others I could check out?

Just uploaded my CHEVY TRUCK AND VAN Photobucket gallery, check it out:

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/StefMarcinkowski/library/CHEVY%20trucks%20and%20vans?sort=9&page=1

Set contains: 3100, Cameo, Fleetside, Stepside, Silverado, C-1500, 454 SS, S-10, C-3500, Tahoe, Blazer, El Camino, Luv, SSR and Chevy Van.

Also without looking at my stash you missed the Candy Van by AMT and the 1/16 Electronic Chev Show van.

Any chance of just doing a van gallery of all the van box arts separate???

It'd be great.

Hey kataranga: Wow, you are the man. I'll be grabbing from these lists to flesh out my galleries for sure. Thanks again.

Hey checkmate: oh yes, if you have pics, please do post them in this thread and I'll add them ASAP. It will save me a lot of time from searching around for them myself. Thanks!

First, thanks for the great site, I have learned so many kits I never knew were made from your Gallery.

I found two Chevy kits that are missing.

First AMT '64 Chevy Malibu SS.

chevelle_64malibusupersport01.jpg

And then AMT "Saturday Night Thunder" '74 Chevy Chevelle.

AMT-MK-21599-2.jpg

I even spotted a picture of mine in the Gallery, glad to see it was helpful. :D