Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars worldwide...

I'm from the Oshawa area used to be a huge GM city.eh

in the 50's up untill '57 our pontiacs used a shorter chevy body and starting in '55 chevy instead of poncho power,this lasted till GM started with the corporate engines sometimes for every brand instead of each brands own power.Caddy excluded.eh.

Off the top of my head I can think of chevy II's sold as pontiac acadians and a chevette using the same name.We also got pontiac parisienne and laurentines.A geo metro called a firefly.eh.

We had a corisica called a tempest.Ford of coarse had the metiors and a falcon based frontenac.There were a few drag falcons much like a thunderbolt built in Oakville.Every one knows of the fargo and mercurey trucks.In the big rig world we had Hayes,Pacific's,Peninsula's, Leyland bison's, and Sicards.eh

I know I'm missing a large number more.eh

Does a model company make different models for different countries? I see Holden and Beaumont. I know Canada used to have different 1:1 versions of the same USA cars. Do they still?

Not so much any more.Chevy makes an ORLANDO,a Canadian only mini van thing.eh

The Beaumonts are the only ones I've seen, (Canadian version of a Chevelle/Malibu). Chrysler exported 2 1971 Hemicuda convertibles up there, metric gauges and all, making for a grand total of nine of them ever built. But they were built here.

I find this strange and have heard of it before.The reason its strange is we didn't have the metric system yet in '71.eh

Edited by mistermodel

I'm from the Oshawa area used to be a huge GM city.eh

in the 50's up untill '57 our pontiacs used a shorter chevy body and starting in '55 chevy instead of poncho power,this lasted till GM started with the corporate engines instead of each brands own power.

Off the top of my head I can think of chevy II's sold as pontiac acadians and a chevette using the same name.We also got pontiac parisienne and laurentines.A geo metro called a firefly.

We had a corisica called a tempest.Ford of coarse had the metiors and a falcon based frontinac.Every one knows of the fargo and mercurey trucks.In the big rig world we had hayes's,pacifics,penninsula's leyland bison's, and sicards.

I know I'm missing a large number more

Not so much any more.Chevy makes an ORLANDO,a Canadian only mini van thing

I find this strang and have heard of it before.The reason its strange is we didnt have the metric system yet in '71

That's cool Kevin. I figured there were more that I just didn't know about. As far as metric thing, I'm not sure why they did it that way, but they did for sure as I've seen one of the two exports. I don't know whether they were thinking forward or what, but that is strange.

Exactly,maybe Harry should have stated if you live in the U.S.A do not reply to this topic

Let's hear from all of you who live outside the US. Chime in, show your colors! We want to hear from all of our friends all over the world! Step up and let us know where you are!

I guess I wasn't clear enough for some people? :blink:

I only know of 1 Hemi Cuda 'vert having European compliance, specifically for France, ordered by a US soldier. Got it in a magazine somewhere. Guy who had it also had another with billboard delete... The only 1 out of the 9. Had the 2 rarest of the 9! Lucky bas***d!!

Dan

just to clarify

I know of 2 export 1971 hemi cuda verts,(not counting canadian cars ) - 1st was winchester grey and the 2nd was white - both black top and interior .

Ok, back on topic

good thread btw

I'm a bit of a United Nations myself.

Never sure which country's colours to barrack for, but seeing as I've lived longest in Australia, I guess that will do.

15 years growing up in The Netherlands.

Then 10 years in New Zealand.

Finally Australia, in Sydney NSW, Perth WA, and now Port Macquarie NSW.

Newcastle, the home of a couple of earlier posters, has a great hobby shop, Frontline Hobbies, the source of my supplies.

As it happens, Newcastle also has a great homebrew shop, Marks Home Brew, also the source of my supplies for one of my other hobbies.

I'm west of Maine but north of New York, Vermont and New Hampshire. That's right. I'm in the heart of french Canada. Magog, Quebec. The top of I-91 is roughly 30 miles south of me so I can almost see Vermont.

Parlez vous Francais?